2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Lovin' My New 2016 Maxima!
By Anonymous

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'll admit, the Maxima wasn't even one of the cars on my list to consider, since I was so hell-bent on getting a Lexus IS 250, Scion FR-S, or Lexus NX300h. I really wanted a sportier car that was fun to drive with great gas mileage, as I commute everyday, but needed one that could fit at least 5 people. The Lexus NX300h was at the top of my list since it could easily fit in 5 people and had all the features I wanted, but was a bit out of my price range. The Lexus IS250 was a lot more cramped and had a lot less features.. and though I REALLY liked the handling and driving of the Scion, much like the Lexus, it had a lot less features and was even more cramped in the rear seats (leg room was next to zero) and was even worse than the Lexus. As I was looking at the Lexus the dealer had in stock, I noticed a Nissan Maxima, which only had caught my eye because of the beautiful color (Bordeaux Black) I went to test drive the Lexus and Nissan and I was completely blown away by the interior, handling and performance of the Nissan. I test drove the Nissan first and then the Lexus. The Nissan had so many features that the Lexus didn't that I was sold after I had finished driving the Lexus. The interior is amazing, and I love the blind spot indicators, as well as the excellent mpg, and the handling in sport mode is awesome! This car is definitely a head-turner and I always get compliments, especially on the color, styling and interior. The only downsides to this car: 1.) Does not fit 5 people comfortably 2.) The Bose sound system is a little off, as the music tends to fade out at random times while playing music, without messing with any of the controls, but could just be my system. 3.) Navigation could be a little bit easier to use, since it can be dangerous trying to go and type through all the manual input information in different sections for the city, state etc while driving. I find it easier to use the nav on my phone than the one in the car, where you can just enter the address easily.

nice car but...
By mark moore

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

nice car but the price. since the price is competitive to the infinity Q, I'd rather have the infinity

2017 Nissan Maxima
By Maxima Leaser

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great looking car with eye catching design. A feel of quality inside and out. A little to be desired in the sensing features if you have been used to them from another vehicle. You will get a kick out of the acceleration in sport mode.

Maxima review
By Mike Papp

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love every aspect of this car...great buy

Excellent value, comfort and acceleration.
By Tom

2016 Nissan Maxima Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

2016 Maxima is my first Nissan purchase... I have driven GTR on the track multiple times and am always impressed. My Acura was out of commission due to the airbag recall and I was put into a Maxima S rental. Needless to say, I was so impressed, that I bought a platinum 2 weeks later. Being a 40 yr old Engineer, I am very particular and can say that Maxima provides the best 4 door performance and comfort for the money. Strong acceleration, quiet and soft ride, good fuel economy and excellent fit and finish. CVT is very smooth and provides nearly instant acceleration at any speed similar to driving an electric car. My favorite aspect of this car is the driver’s layout along with seating position and comfort. Nowadays most cars are moving toward touch screen everything… which can be a frustrating experience in real world driving and not very safe IMO. Maxima provides 4 ways to control the electronics… touch screen, buttons, steering wheel buttons and a rotating button by the gear shifter. Although it is not AWD, the FWD drive provides plenty of traction in everyday driving and almost no torque steer unless under hard acceleration. Other cars in its class lack the driver’s layout and comfort, are slower and more expensive. No worries here as Maxima will not disappoint. Don’t be over sold by brand names. Do your homework and you will find that Maxima is an excellent value.