2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Love my outlandet
By Carrie

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

People that own these cars, love them. Mine is awesome#

great car for the money
By Jason

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Third row is tight. Only good for small children. Lots of room when third row is down. Car seems well built. Solid chassis, no rattles. quiet cabin. Car may seem dated in design, which isn't a bad thing because it has given Mitsubishi time to fix any issues. Like the fact that the car is fully assembled in Japan and almost all parts are sourced there as well.

Why the press hates these cars is beyond me
By Michael

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My family has bought 5 of these cars (so far) a few Outlander Sports, and I have bought 2 Outlanders myself. This is the only vehicle on the market that can seat 6 or 7 people, has all-wheel drive and gets better than 30mpg. These are the criteria I use to make a vehicle purchase. The 10 year warranty (7 years beyond everyone else's) is an awesome plus. I routinely get 32 mpg driving around coastal Maine, and the only vehicle with a better AWD system is a Range Rover (which will set you back about 3x what this thing costs!). We live in Maine, where we have ice, snow, and slush 5 months a year, and a majority of people's houses are down long, un-paved driveways. This is the only car that has yet to get itself stuck! The S-AWC system keep the thing on the road really well, and adds a significant amount of control in everyday driving. The 3rd row seat IS tight, but I can ride back there in a pinch, and my wife and my kid can do so with no issues, and it is temporary! This is not a Caravan, or a Suburban, but for the 4 or 5 times a year when we really need to carry a bunch of people it is perfect. A far bigger impact is the fuel economy, which comes into play every time you start it- there is nothing on the road (that is not an EV) that can touch this car for efficiency. If the performance/acceleration of this thing bothers you, you should buy a sports car, not a mid-sized SUV. This thing has plenty of performance unless you need to drive like a moron, I have yet to get into a drag race with a Nissan Rogue or a CR-V, and my masculinity would survive if I did. This is not the fastest car in it's class, but it is the best. Your rational choice should outweigh whatever rubrik the automotive press uses to describe this type of car. Anyone who owns one of these will sing it's praises, and that should tell you something!

Love this SUV
By E. Sanchez

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a 2015 Outlander Sport for the 2018 Outlander and I've really enjoyed it a lot. Drives great, lots of safety options on this model, and it had lots of room for extra stuff. I haven't found anything negative about this SUV.

Best I've ever had
By Kat davis

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Really comfort. Great handlomg