2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Mitsubishi, the "diamonds" in the rough winner
By SoCalMark

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was extremely skeptical of this vehicle and after so much research was heading to the Honda CRV instead. My wife has a friend that is a salesperson for a Mitsubishi store and after I test drove this vehicle I was not thrilled about it --- but now that I own one, it was the best decision I ever made. This car is loaded with technology features (although I have not gotten Android Auto to work with the vehicle yet at all). I was shocked that 'Car and Driver' gave this vehicle such a low score on handling and comfort. I had a Ford Escape before this and the Outlander is extremely wonderful to drive long distance with. I read one woman's review of the back seats and granted there isn't much space back there this should not be compared to a full-size SUV. If you want a full-size SUV then pull out your wallet and pay for one and stop your griping, this car isn't presented as this. U-turns are so simple and the vehicle sips gas very slightly. This is an awesome road trip vehicle to have with the family and as a soccer coach, I find the back with plenty of space for all our gear. One of the things that steered me to Mitsubishi is that I make several trips to the Philippines and in this country, vehicle maintenance on a regular basis is scarce and yet I see Mitsubishi cars and trucks that have enormous amounts of mileage on them and they just keep running compared to their Toyota counterparts that are falling apart. I love this vehicle and it feels and looks like any of the top end SUV's out there. Get the side windows tinted and you will be happy with the look and feel of the interior too.

Best Decision I've Made
By JLit

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Previously learned 2003 CRV for 8 yrs. Also owned 2007 Pilot which I used to trade in for this Outlander. Don't believe the so called experts. Drive it for yourself. Easily drives better than my old CRV when it was new. The best part is owning a real 4WD for literally under $22k. Tax and interest included.

Beeha
By Beeha

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander LE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Great value does everything an suv should do very well my only complaint is poor Bluetooth, excellent fuel economy .

outlander customer for life
By jim booth

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

most economical and value paced suv on the market.All the safety features and comfort needed plus a 100,000 mile warranty. mitsubishi is definatly kiling the competition.zfully loaded sunrool apple carplay,blue tooth,huge cargo space for 24,000 cant beat it.

2018 Outlander SEL
By Kandi Yams

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I own a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES and I have had it now for 14 years, my son was 2 when I got it and now he will be 16 in 3 months. I was planning on getting him a used car but then decided my credit was good and I could get a brand new car and give him the Galant. I wasn’t planning on getting a car until December of this year (2018) but I went into the dealership to get an oil change on the Galant and ended up letting them run my credit and was able to get ANY CAR I WANTED WITH NO MONEY DOWN!!! Talk about going in for an oil change, a new battery for 1 of the Galant remotes and an extra key for the Galant to additionally walking out with a 2018 SUV!! I knew the car I wanted that I wanted to have: 1) leather seats 2) heated seats 3) power seats 4) Bluetooth 5) Blind spot monitor 6) Navigation 7) sunroof 8) Sirius XM radio 9) backup camera ...now out of those 9 things I got 8!! What I learned was every model has something the other doesn’t. I’m 37 years old and this is the 1st time I’m actually paying attention of what I want in a car vs. just having a car, funny thing is I was looking for another sedan and didn’t even want an SUV because I thought I’d be spending more money on gas, let alone I said I wasn’t buying another Mitsubishi. Now my Galant has not ever given me any problems but I thought I’d just get a different brand since this would be my 3rd and final car. When I was pregnant with my son I had a 1998 Mazda Protege and that was in November 2001 then I got my Galant in February 2005 and here it is February 2018 and I’m buying another Mitsubishi. I did t want a car note I was originally planning on going to an auction but figured I’d i was going to have a car note to try and have it paid off in 2 years by the time my son graduates from high school. When I looked around I saw the SEL sport model and thought it was cool cuz it had the heated seats and everything that I wanted besides the sun roof it had a moonroof. When she showed me the LE model yes it had the sunroof and multi camera view but it was manual seats and they weren’t heated so that was a no go. Then she showed me the SEL Outlander and had me park it right next to the Sport SEL model and that was it, it was 13 inches longer and had more cargo space which I needed because I shop at Costco. I was looking for a car that was no longer than 191.5 inches because I have a garage and we park both cars behind the other so in order for the garage to close I needed a car that was going to fit length wise. I looked at Honda’s, Toyota’s and Nisssans and I would’ve paid more for the Nissan Rogue with everything I would’ve wanted an additional packages, the Toyota CH-R had manual seats and the Honda HR-V didn’t have the Honda Sense safety features. I didn’t get the S-AWC nor 4WD because I don’t drive in the snow, mud or mountains, I live in Long Beach,Ca and having the V6 engine wasn’t needed for me. It was going to be more on gas and I’m just a regular driver so the 2.4L with CVT was suitable enough for me as I am a sensible driver. Then when it came to my car insurance it was CHEAPER than getting the other 3 brands I looked at and priced certain models so I am very happy with my car. To think I didn’t even have an SUV in mind and I came out with one plus got $2,500 in rebates so to come on here and see actual owner reviews made me happy because the expert revues were poor. This thing doesn’t need a V6 engine, I just put it in sport mode and I get a HUGE KICK in speed whereas the speed in the regular drive mode is good. I have an iPhone so the Apple car play is perfect for me and my son when we are in the car, I was bummed that my particular Mitsubishi dealership didn’t have the SEL model where I could’ve had the Touring package which had the Frontal collision mitigation and lane departure BUT when I was originally making my list I didn’t have those things in there for safety so the blind spot monitor with lane change assist and rear cross traffic assist are just fine, I tell you ANYTHING that I would’ve got was gonna be an UPGRADE from that 2004 Galant so I’m happy, I didn’t choose to get a sunroof in my model and I’m ok without that and the navigation really comes from my iPhone connected via USB using the Apple car play so it’s cheaper than the Nissan or Honda models which actually has Navigation in it because I’m using my cell phone so that’s ok to, I still say I have Navigation because of the Siri maps and GPS on my phone. I won’t really be using that 3rd row I just wanted it because other cars with this price range had the normal 2 rows and I know the Rogue has 3 rows but the Outlander has more cargo room overall. Besides it’s just me and my teenage son who now has his own car so now it’s just me and I’m ok with what I have, this car will last me 15 years just like my Galant, if I do get another car after this my son will be buying it for me.