Used 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

Very Solid Coupe 1998 3000GT SL
By captb

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

20 years old now with only recommended maint needed, 116K just did the 2nd timing belt change (60k intervals) old one still looked good but not worth taking a chance, still runs smooth no oil cosumption always ran rotella t6 and rides silent no rattles or other noises, no surprises, garaged Pearl White paint and Black interior still look new, larger rear sway bar added and RE760 Potenzas on wider rims really gave it grip and quick turning upgrade. Great highway car 26 to 28 mpg cruising. The manual trans performs much better than our Stealth RT auto but otherwise same car. Cool car always gets looks and a great long term keeper it seems the 90s produced some very solid uncomplicated cars, passes emissions and never had a check engine light. Weak points are window regulators or Stealth drivers side broke at 90k so I took the 3000GT one out before it broke and reinforced the to plastic roller part that gets brittle and grease it working perfect still.

3000GT SL DOHC 5 Speed
By billman2

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Solid car just hit 100K miles and still no rattles or noises and runs and shifts as new. It has good power with the 5 spd...much better than our Stealth R/T auto. Handling is very nice and tight if you upgrade the rear swaybar to the bigger Addco bar and it stll rides smooth unlike most sporty cars we've had. 60K maint is important since it's a quadcam engine the belt won't last forever.

I allways have people following off the quarter checking out the car and asking questions at the pumps.

Smaller steering wheel.

Run Mustang Run
By ownleewon

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This is one of the best cars Mitsubishi has made. It is faster than the V6 and hangs with the V8 GT Mustang and it's only a 3.0 Liter V6 Engine. I love the way people turn to look at it.

It's fast and furious.

For a V6 it wastes a little too much gas.

98 5spd SL
By GreenGT09

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car without a doubt is my favorite car of all time. I have a 98 SL 5spd and the pickup and power is nice. Although it's not a car for roll races on the highway. Off the line though it can upset some pretty fast cars like mustang GT's. Overall it's a great car, pretty quick, and a major head turner. I'm currently selling mine to get a Vr4.

Style, Design, etc., pickup/acceleration handling

Engine is not very reliable. After having it for only six months, the lifters in my engine are ticking and it isn't a pleasant sound. Not to mention my car only has 76,000 miles on it and I don't drive it hard.

What kind of car is that?
By baschia

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Since this is a 10 year old car it still has the shape of a new sports car today. I have a budget and wanted a car with a reasonable price. The headlights look like a jag and the doors have indentations like a viper. Since I'm a girl it's aggravating not having man hands to check under the hood. I don't drive it everyday but when I do it is puts myself in total bliss. I have hip and back problems but it rides so comfortable. Sometimes people stop me to comment how beautiful it is because there aren't very many in this area.

I love how it sits low and handles the road. The color: bright red is perfect for this style.