Used 2013 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Little Car Big Ideas
By Peter K. Dilts

2013 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Unfortunately the car is an automatic (my wife is the primary driver). On a trip the interior is cramped with some luggage space behind the rear seat. Seats are comfortable and visibility is excellent as is the parking maneuverability.

Decided to Keep Her
By Miniblue

2013 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have a regular Mini not an S. I have gone through tires. I live in AZ and you are going to go through rubber on any car especially the sporty tires. I have not had any issues and go in for my regular warranty. I have not have the pads replaced yet and hoping it needs it before the maintenance warranty runs out. I love the car we were going to sell it to buy an Alfa Romeo but we decided to keep her as our 3rd car. I have the toffee lounge leather pano roof and ice blue and the HK stereo beats the more expensive cars audio. It has plenty of pick up and when I want I can put it in sport mode but rarely. I had a lot of people encourage me not to get a MIni because reliability and expense. I still love the car and there will be maintenance. Yes as long as it is reasonable that is what is expected and that I have received. Also, the dealer here for Service is outstanding. Mini of Tempe has still remembered my car. Good service.

Good fun driving
By Jacob

2013 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is fine. Any and all imperfections in the roadway are very apparent.

Again?
By Crickett Hoffman

2013 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm the original owner. I have kept this car up and broke it in properly. Let's see: 3,000 miles new engine. Caught it before it blew and stranded me. Next was the wonky stereo that wouldn't play nice withe the iPod. Now, less than a week after its second service I am sitting on the side of the freeway, waiting the hour and a half for Mini Roadside Assistance to come get me. My clutch went out at a little over 18,000 miles. I know enough about cars to know that when you let the clutch out and give it some gas it should go forward. All I get is a revving engine. So much for BMW quality.

Update: I finally threw in the towel. The month of January was spent in loaner cars. The car went through coils and spark plugs. BMW wouldn’t honor the court ordered warranty. While it was behaving itself I pawned it off on a Honda dealership for a 2018 Fit. I was able to get enough from the Mini to make three years worth of Honda payment. Never again a BMW product.

Buy something else
By ledward88

2013 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a mini brand new. We drive the speed limit and keep up the maintenance. The tires had to be replaced at 24000 miles, not covered by warranty. Right after warranty expired we had to replace brakes and rotors and battery. The transmission stalls in first gear after stopping at a light, but only on hot days. The water pump is bad and leaks coolant; $900 fix at the dealer. The water pump goes bad a lot on this mini; you conveniently do not have a Temp gauge! It also leaks oil from the valve solenoid; $2500 fix at the dealer. Overall worst vehicle I have ever owned, period.