Used 2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:

Fun to drive, but is NOT reliable
By Star

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Do not buy this for yourself or anyone that you care enough about that you don't want to see them stranded in the middle of nowhere. The car started falling apart at 70,000 miles with Major issues. The value of the car dropped so fast that I can't even get rid of it for what I owe. Plus, how can I sell it honestly without disclosing the issues. I am stuck with a lemon!

Issue after issue
By Mike Halliday

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car less than a year, bought it with 53k miles... now has 63k and I've experienced literally 5 major issues, to the point that I'm forced to sell it. 2 weeks after getting the car, the engine began miss-firing. Then the electrical system blows out. Then a terrible squeel starts coming from the engine compartment. The cupholders and mirror have fell apart... its just a complete piece of crap. No car with perfect service records and only 60k miles should act like this. I highly recommend NOT buying this car.

Snow loving clubman
By Robin Cullen

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Gently driven for five years in north Lake Tahoe. Amazing how much camping and boating gear it can hold. Back seats are surprisingly roomy and comfortable.

Mini Mania
By William channell

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a fun car to drive, it's my second Mini that I've owned. The Countryman S is roomy for four people; it's fast; really fast in curves; super in town because of its agility and size ( for maneuvering and parking). I've had no reliability issues with either of my Minis that I have owned, but my Clubman got better gas mileage ( 28 city and 37 hwy). The ride on both is rough, so not so good for passengers, especially in city streets in West Virginia where I live. However, this is a sports car and as such, the ride is to be expected. The interior layout of controls is not good, but , has been corrected in 2014 and later models. Still, I like all Minis. Still no problems, at 35000 miles. I will always like Minis.

Great fun to drive, but watch out for repairs
By Tim

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is one of the most fun to drive I have ever owned. Yes it is a little noisy on the highway, but town driving is one of the best times to have fun driving. It is an all around great car to drive, and even is ok for long trips. My issue is that both the alternator and fuel pump have needed replacing on my car. This is the first car I have owned that needed this. These are very expensive, look out wallet! What they also do not tell you is that the spark plugs need to be replaced periodically and will cause the car to literally not run if your dealer overlooks this. I have never experienced this with other vehicles. I do not mind that it needs premium fuel to operate, but I do mind the costs of repairs. If you get this car, make sure you have also bought the extended warranty for the maintenance & tire repairs. Very expensive option, if you do NOT get this.