Used 2006 Mercury Mariner Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Mariner

View reviews for a specific Mariner model:

Jessica
By jessica

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after the escape I had transmission went on it at 80,000 miles didn't have this one a year and the transmission went very disappointed good thing it was still covered in the warranty don't think I will buy ford products ever again.

Be Prepared for a Rough Ride
By Rough Rider!

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used and was very impressed with the overall style of the the car from first sight. The car runs excellent, sound system meets standards as well. Not very impressed with where the seat warmer buttons are since the passenger seat automatically turns on when someone gets in and the loudness of the car is overwhelming. Takes ALL bumps big or small very hard. There seems to be no give in the suspension or shocks when riding over any thing that disrupts the smoothness in the asphalt. Does not handle water very well either. Likes to hydroplane even in the smallest amount of water. Not recommended for any type of off roading! Also very poor fuel mileage

Seat design, sound system, comfort

Better fuel mileage, less road noise, better suspension/shocks when driving in bumpy conditions.

Worst vehicle I've ever owned
By Jason

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Seriously the worst vehicle I have ever had. 40,000 miles the transmission blew and needed a completely new one with no help from Ford due to the warranty ending at 36K. Now the front end is starting to go and the brakes are shot. I can't wait to get rid of this car.

Heated leather seats.

Everything

3rd Car I've Owned and Best Yet!
By Elmz11

2006 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a 21 year old commuter student going to college full-time, I needed to trade up to an SUV after getting stuck in the snow numerous times in my 05 Hyundai Elantra. I was weary about buying a used vehicle (seeing that I bought my first car brand new) but I LOVE THIS SUV!! I ditched the JUNK Continental tires that all these Escapes and Mariners come with from the factory and got Michelin Cross Terrain's put on. Night and Day! Get compliments on the interior all the time (two-tone black and creme). Average 19-20 mpg in mostly highway driving and it does have some power behind it. Have put on 19,000 miles in just 8 months and it has been rock solid! (now at 57,000 miles)

Interior design which is far nicer then the Escape's, Stereo with 6 speakers is great, Pretty good on gas. Excellent in snow, NEPA got slammed with a foot of snow and this thing plowed right through it!

Engine noise and more padding in the seats! Side Note: Take care of your vehicle (oil every 3k, transmission fluid and fuel filter every 20K) and your vehicle WILL last!! Maintenance is KEY!!!

A Mercury Story
By A_MAN_in _VA.

2006 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased this vehicle, used from the local dealership, and found it to be a cute little vehicle. I liked the stylings, but after having a Ford Ranger XLT that had the Overdrive Off button flashing, and knowing the troubles that it could bring first hand, I was displeased. I was so hoping to get a vehicle made by Ford that did not have this button. It really serves no purpose in holding back downhill. I prefer to leave it in the normal position. I have heard some loud noises from the transmission. This makes me wonder why its clunking so hard. I do know it is fun to drive, but I still worry it could let me down someday in the future.

Sun Roof, Brightness of the Headlamps, seats and dash.. Love the way it handles, and the turning radius.

Make the transmission better,and the lighting inside better. Just a suggestion to Fords Better Ideas.