Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metris model:

Versatile!!!
By Peter

2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Cargo 3dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Great for long trips...luggage...two dogs...two cats...no problem. Great for moving...beds fit...sofa fits...50+ boxes fit. Great for yard care. Great for rainy driving ...generally above road spray.

Gettin' the Job Done!
By Stefan

2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I've owned my Metris for about a year and have loved it. I own a wine touring company and this has served as a "go to" vehicle for couples and small groups alike. It is utilitarian compared to other Mercedes Benzes, but not lacking in any important features. I love the way it drives, though it does have a rattle in a seat I've gotta sort out. I LOVE how much space there is in the 3rd row! It destroys any other minivan or SUV in that category. Loving my Metris and buying a 2nd for the business!

First Mercedes
By Dale Burkhardt

2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

We love our Metris. I bought it because of three main reasons. 1. At 77" tall, it easily fits through our 83" garage opening without having to let air out of the tires. 2. It had options for many safety features (we took all of them) not always found in larger vans (of the model year) such as the lane keeping assist, blind spot warning, brake assist, rear camera, nod-off alarm and such. 3. It is a mid-size van. The width and height interior dimensions are noticeably greater than mini-vans with roomy space for 7 or 8 people but there is not room for "up to 15 passengers." Removing the second and third seats leaves a very cavernous space for hauling. However the seats are really heavy - enlist strong friends for this job.
As other reviewers noted, the handling is excellent, the turning radius is surprisingly short, the seats are comfortable and the mileage is competitive for a van. The 208hp/258lb.ft premium-gas engine mated to a 7 speed transmission is torquey for around town but not so much at full throttle at highway speeds. It could really use a horsepower increase. Considering the 2L turbo gas engine is becoming the engine of choice for many car manufacturers these days, a stronger, more competitive boost would be appreciated.
Unusual things we noticed is that it takes about five minutes for the A/C to begin cooling on hot days unless you just used it. The engine temperature gauge is degreed in Celsius, not Fahrenheit - different but no problem. Service is very expensive. For example a routine servicing (not repair) of the transmission costs $600.00+ at the dealer. Many people comment positively about our Metris. Prospective buyers should note that this vehicle is not as luxurious as a conversion van. It is a "passengerized" version of the smaller commercial van used to haul people to the airport and such. We have taken two 1,000+ mile trips in comfort, with no problems. The price of a similarly equipped Metris for 2019 is noticeably higher than my 2016 with few, or any, real changes or improvements. The Metris could use a real limited-slip rear differential for dual-wheel traction. No doubt MB would answer this statement by stating that its electronically controlled individual rear-wheel braking accomplishes the desired outcome with no fish-tailing. It would be half right.

VERY IMPRESSED SO FAR
By Jim Schutt

2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Unable to know how maintenance will go do to it being a new vehicle. This is how buying a car should be, unlike my last experience at Hyundai. I can actually sleep at night not feeling like I was taken, and oh yea I love the van. I had to ride 6hrs in a down pour to get home after buying the van. I have never been in a vehicle that hugged the road as well as the Metris did. Oh yea did I mention I love this van.

Very nice car
By livingston rivera

2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Cargo 3dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

Very nice car