Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel Consumer Reviews

ML350 BlueTEC 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

Great all around suv
By James

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Diesel ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Fantastic towing ability BUT,comes at a cost with diesel blue tec
Blue tec flawed in these vehicles
You find out too late when there is a problem then you find it’s happening to slot of folks
Took 4.1 years, right after warranty and problems totalling $3800 for a simple heater in blue tec tank

Blue over Blue Tec
By MF

I bought this from a reliable acquaintance at 1+ year old, at about 17K miles and now am at almost 50K. So far in two years have spent about 4k in repairs and service and had it in dealership for almost 3 weeks under warranty for a major repair, thank goodness it was still under warranty. Concerned I inquired about an "extended" warranty and come to find out it will be 6K which includes a surcharge from Mercedes because it was not originally purchased for the extended period. Had the car appraised and find it is with less than half of the original cost and they now have discontinued the ML series. The fit and finish of the interior is lovely, the boxy exterior is a bit dated. Overall liked the safety of the car but too expensive to service and seems to be a money pit. I had hoped to drive it 100K but now having second thoughts.

Nu-Blu...more than a year in and Still Smiling!
By djefferson

I have had my 2012 ML 350 Bluetec without any issues for over a year near 20k miles. It has proven to be a tried/true work horse and I have no regrets. I have averaged an indicated 23 mpg during this period and on long Hwy seen about 29mpg driving a constant 80mph. Most of my commute is stop/go city w/limited fwy and it still gets 23-25 if you don't bury your foot to feel that strong 455ft lbs of torque.
I'm truly convinced that this is a great overall vehicle and am glad I chose this powertrain.
FYI think about it..for about $1500 extra at purchase it holds its value advantage of $5000-9000 or more than the gas engine over the same ownership period!
IMHO that is money in the bank .

Excellent MPG, Smooth and quiet Powertrian,Self-Automated Parking,Lane departure warning,Power tailgate,EZ blutooth connection and comfortable a/c seats.

None...I hope that all my ownership experiences will be as this one...the Longer I have owned it the more I truly appreciate it. It is a Great family vehicle!

Terrible Service from Mercedes
By tracy97035

In 2012 I researched purchasing either a Mercedes or Acura. I had exceptionally great service with Acura in the past but chose Mercedes and assumed their service would meet the same expectation. I was wrong. I ordered running boards over a year ago and still have not received them. I now had to take my rubber drivers side mat into dealership due to a recall and am told not to hold my breath for the new one.
Mercedes called me to say I would be put on their "preferred" list...but still have not received these items and they could not give me an eta on them. Waiting over a year for parts is insane. I wonder what the future will hold when I need service/parts ordered. I looked at Acura today..

The voice command in regards to the navigation system never computes the correct words, regardless of who is speaking. I do not have an accent, speak clear english but the system basically does not work. I have to pull over and manually input the address every time. An Acura MDX is looking like a better choice every day.....

The worst vehicle I ever own.
By neversummer78

I purchased my 2012 ML350 Bluetec back in November 2011.
After 2 weeks, the first problem I had was car was pulling to the right at highway speed.
After left it with the dealer for about a week, they finally realized that it was bad tire which took them a few more days to get replacement.
Next, I was having problem with car loosing power when driving over a long distance or for a few hours.
There is no error message on the dashboard nor that the dealer can replicate.
Anyway, I start documenting them on video using my phone.
They finally acknowledge but still no solution for it.
Along with the car loosing power, I was getting error with PRE-SAFE Inoperative error and Ad-Blue low level

Great long commuter Great audio system Great gas mileage for a truck

Better quality control and reliability