2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Consumer Reviews

$53,700

Save as much as $2,633
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

GLE 350 4 cylinder sluggish

James william, 01/30/2020
GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The Interior is nice and unique and upscale. However the 4 cylinder is very sluggish and disappointing even around town, and you can feel the lack of power. Mercedes really blew it by offering a 4 cylinder for a SUV of this size. MB should drop the 4 cylinder and only offer the 6 cylinder. [HTML removed]

All the safety features takes all the fun out

Canes, 11/04/2019
GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Beautiful car but all the safety features take the fun out of driving the car. The car will slow you down if it thinks you getting too close with the car in front of you. I have seen the pros and the cons in that and i would be nice if there was a setting to turn some of those features off. Today a freaking Nissan Rogue smoke me and I saw their tail lights, all because of this car slowing me down when the sensors feel a car or object is too close. The sensors are too sensitive for my liking. Might as well make it a driver-less car. I think this will be my last Mercedes.

Most technologically advanced SUV - MB

NOLA Guy, 06/23/2019
GLE 350 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

This SUV is terrific! I wanted a MB - and glad I waited. This is the most technologically advanced SUV. The ride is smooth, the 4-banger has lots of power (particularly in the sport mode), cabin quite, and has all the bells, whistles and luxury that you would expect from a MB. I am so happy with this SUV - folks always look over to see what I am driving. It is most certainly great for taking the dog to the groomer - so much room for my Giant Schnauzer so that he can be comfortable and enjoy the ride. Love the ability to control everything on the touchpad or the screen or even the steering wheel. Great appointments and large room for a family to take a long ride. I cannot stop wanting to drive my SUV everywhere! Definitely a vehicle to check out!

first year of redesign.... problems

hr, 01/20/2020
GLE 450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 9A)

They were unable to fix problems.( Remote key.Beeping,Etc). I had Car in at least 6 times in 7 months. Finally I traded in, I did not buy a benz!!. I would wait a year till they get the Bugs out.

2020 Mercedes GLE 350

Gene, 03/02/2020
GLE 350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

What a wonderful SUV.! Like driving in your Living Room. First impressions... The Turbo 4 is more than adequate, no matter what you may need...Soild like a rock, Transmission is flawless, the interactive system Mbux is amazing but I can turn up the AC faster than asking " Hey Mercedes. I love the Apple Car Play and the readouts of the received texts and the ability to answer them using voice instead of typing. So many choices to customize the dash board and interior colors. The cameras and overhead view is very cool and the wide angle of the reverse cam is amazing. The Mbux system is amazing but I find it easier to lower the AC by hand then having to say "Hey Mercedes" "How can I help you" But hey it's fun and has other serious features. One of the best parts is it learns your voice. It is an electronic marvel on so many levels. But these electronic marvels are not standard equipment. And as a buyer you have to choose. Keep in mind my Sticker Price was 62,000 but you easily can build an 85,000 version. Some of these optional features are standard on Kia and Hyundai. Especially Park by Key fob. The Benz parks but the Dealer's Salesman said "at your own risk." But others which should be standard in 2020 come at a hefty premium. "Hey Mercedes " knock it off...those days a past, especially when features like, Active Cruise Control , Lane Keeping and more are standard on a 2019 middle level Accord. If you want a bigger look get the 21 inch wheels and you need the running boards to complete the picture even though they are too small to put your foot on requiring you to rub the back of your ankle on the board while reaching the road.. Here is some things they missed. The rear seat back has only one position. This takes up cargo space by not allowing you to make the seat stay upright. The other miss is no cargo net hooks. This is my 2000 mile report. By the way my vehicle had a 62,000 sticker price.