Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews

Used GLC-Class for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Some great,, some terrible

Rich ziminski, 07/23/2016
GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I have a love hate relationship wth this car... It has a great,comfortable ride,the mileage is great ,the is plenty of power ,the mechanical aspects good...my big complaint is that the controls on this car are terrible. The controls are very poor designed and hard to use. The mbrace is no substitute for onstar.in addition to my previous comments the navigation system including controls are terrible . The logic and ability of this system is really poor. My 100$ Garmin is more user friendly and more reliable.the service dept is top notch

Screeching Brakes - buyers beware

C.L., 12/30/2016
GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Cold weather locales will no doubt find screeching brake issues. Manufacturer is aware and even though it existed in the 2016 models, the fix still eludes their engineers in the 2017 models. Neighbors hate us and it's forcing me to attempt less braking while backing out of my shared (and loooong) driveway. Take away this issue and this car would be near perfect. Yes, controls are clunky but it can grow on you.

Thumping Noise in Front End

Don S., 04/26/2017
GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Started at about 5000 miles. Dealer rotated tires. Still thumping. Dealer said tires were feathered, needs alignment. Brought car in for alignment but was told car needed new front and rear differentials. Differentials installed 2 weeks later. Thumping has been significantly reduced. I asked for alignment to eliminate that as an issue. I was charged $150 for what should have been a warranty repair. I was told car needed new tires at 13,000 miles--typical of run-flats?? This problem, coupled with the screeching brake issue previously reported, has made owning this otherwise fine vehicle a headache. Update: Replaced runflats with 4 Continentals standard on Audi’s. Wow! Quieter, smoother riding, 90000 mile warranty. Bought Continental road repair kit instead of spare tire plus have M-B and AAA road service. I still think proximity warning system is very bad. Seriously thinking of Audi Q5 soon. Brake squealing backing up is coming back. I would not recommend this car to prospective buyers because of brake noise, run flat tires, and poor proximity warning.

Brake issue STILL EXISTS after 3 years of owning

S P, 01/10/2017
GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The loud brake squeal (in cold weather) while reversing has NOT been resolved after 3 years of owning this car. This is frustrating since I have to deal with this loud noise from the brakes as soon as temps drop below 50. MB replaced the brake pads (under warranty) last year and for a couple of weeks things were fine but, problem started again after that. I just left my car for service again for the same issue. . I have owned this GLC for 3 years now and unfortunately I will not recommend this vehicle anymore as this gets frustrating every day when your loud squeal gets attention from your neighbors.

Not a Mercedes by any standard

Ron Cornelius, 03/08/2017
GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

If you don't take out of the city it might work for you. I traded in my GLK350 and I loved it. Just getting up in the miles. It came with run flat tires , no spare and no jack. The tires came with a warning saying that they've were not safe in temperatures under 45 degrees! I had of course purchased this vehicle with a 4 magic so I could use it for winter driving with all season tires. My travel out of town is all 200-300 miles and in desolate areas with no cell service or road service which means that a flat tire could be life threatening in summer or winter weather. Run flat tires are not stocked anywhere close and can not be repaired [non-permissible content removed] The dealer and MB are of no help at all. Can't by a jack or a spare for this vehicle. So if you're looking for a safe car look elsewhere. It is also noisy and bouncy. Not a Mercedes by any standard I'm aware off. You'll also need to study the manual as there is nothing intuitive about anything on this car. Don't be tempted by the styling.

12345...12