Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews

Used GLC-Class for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

So far so great!

PS Horn, 06/10/2016
GLC300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Have had the GLC about 3 months and have about 2000 miles on it. It does everything it is designed to do. It is a pleasant place to sit in in traffic and move about town, but can quickly change character if you wish. Just downshift with the paddles or change the driving mode. Mileage has been decent considering my mostly city/traffic driving (about 23.5 mpg). Like BMW, the GLC shuts off the engine if you are stopped for a few seconds. Since the car is so quiet I do not notice this, and so I think it helps with some of that city mpg. My friend who just got a BMW X1 turns off the auto shut off because he says it's annoying. Possibly because BMW wants you to hear the engine - so I can see what he means. My only quibbles are things I knew about the car before I got it - getting in and out takes a little bit of effort, unlike my old RAV 4 which was so easy. However, the GLC seat is incredibly comfortable. Rearview from the side mirrors are only so-so, but the Blind Spot Monitor takes care of that. The Burmester stereo is great, but I would recommend using .wav files which are uncompressed. The 2 USB ports, the SD card, and the 10.8 GB harddrive mean that there is about 200 GB of storage (64 GB max for USBs and SD) - so that's approx. the equivalent of 20 GB of compressed music. The difference in sound is worth it to me (e.g., Lexus does not play .wav files through the USB; BMW does, though). The active safety feature of warning/stopping the car if you get too close really works. It does, however, beep at me when the car in front of me is almost finished making a right turn and I have not braked. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. As far as all the buttons, etc., I found that after a few days I easily got used to it. Still finding some neat little tricks here and there. Another thing I really like about this car is how MB packaged the options. I got everything I wanted and did not have to pay for the things I did not want (e.g., sunroof), compared to BMW, say. Also, I got a pretty good deal, about 9% off MSRP at the end of January.

MB should be embarrassed - 6 mos old and regret!

lorri, 12/29/2016
GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

This is my first and likely my last MB! I did the research and ultimately decided on the GLC 4MATIC SUV (BMW X3 , Acura RDX and Audi Q5 were closely considered). The smooth ride, MB reputation, customer service (boy was I wrong!) and safety record sealed my decision. At 6 mos. old and only 3K miles on my car, the SCREECHING brakes are SO incredibly loud that I have switched cars with my husband. The brakes wake my young daughter up from a sound sleep as I am backing out of the garage in the morning. My neighbors and colleagues have asked multiple times, "What is wrong with your brand new car?" This is not a small squeak, but a screech that turns peoples heads! This is evidently a known problem to MB and they have no solution to date. My car is currently at the dealership for a 'temporary fix', which the service manager admitted will only put a brief bandaid on a larger problem that MB has yet to formally acknowledge to its high paying customers. No letter from MB. No phone call. No email. Nothing. Just me calling and complaining, with the dealership ultimately putting me on a waiting list for several weeks to have a temporary fix implemented. Sorry MB, but this lack of acknowledgement of a problem and disrespect is not going to earn you my loyalty. How do I know if the car is even safe to drive? MB - I'm very disappointed. I've waited a long time to purchase a brand new car that I've worked very hard for. Potential customers be warned and go with another option IMHO.

Major brake issues no replacement parts for months

Mike U, 12/18/2016
GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Deafening brake screech! Not a squeak or squeal, but a screech. Has been an issue for months, dealer says no parts for 2 more months

MY Mercedes is an embarrassment

Rosanne, 02/26/2017
GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The brakes screech when backing up. They are so loud that the neighbors don't want us to pull out early morning or evening. People complain we wake babies and make dogs bark. Dealership has been saying for months that Germany is working on a fix and parts are coming. Its been over six months no one call us back anymore. They did mention it is Motor Trends Car of the Year and they can't keep them in stock. Question... should they be selling them knowing this is a serious issues?!!!

Great CUV/SUV

Shana Lardi, 09/14/2016
GLC300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

My GLC300 is the 2017 model and this car is by far the best value in its class especially compared to Lexus 350, Audi Q5, Infiniti F35, & Volvo XC60. Pros: Smooth ride, nice handling and feels sporty especially with dynamic controls, roomy interior including decent backseat legroom for growing children, like the parking break option while waiting at light/traffic, good value for standard features and packages. moon roof is a great option, gas mileage and safety features a plus, and spacious cargo area. Cons: Infotainment system controls are ridiculously confusing and cumbersome, too many repetative knobs and features, if main screen was touchscreen it would make it much easier. Shifter, wipers, lights, & steering wheel adjustment are all on the steering column which takes a little getting used to and it sometimes feels a little clunky when accelerating from a dead stop. Overall, pros outweigh the cons and it is a nice looking vehicle.

12345...12