Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Modern monster
By MSU1967

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Great cargo capacity. Usable third row seat. Quiet, great on long road trip. Suspension is a bit stiff.

love my GL450 2013
By alain

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Very good car, got it used certified few years ago with 17K miles, tires lasted 30k miles, replaced them with Michelin and the ride is much better, now with 56 K miles old only brakes oil and tires were needed, love the ride, the only complain is the paint on the steering wheel is peeling off.. good quality SUV, dealer service here in Florida. My 2008 GL320 diesel came out to be a nightmare after 100K miles, but also was a good car.

Good Deal
By Nawal Singh

Good service from Manny (Chicago Car Corner) but we drove twice to get this car

2013 GL 450 Perfection
By Douglas

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

After months of research into the true SUV and Luxury class of truck based, non-crossover vehicles, the GL450 consistently rated high among the likes of the Audi Q7, Escalade, Land Cruiser, Range Rover and Lexus 570. Because of the company it kept regarding comparable SUV's in the Luxury Class, I selected the Mercedes Benz GL450 as the used vehicle to buy. I have no single regret. This machine is as advertised in terms of its power, handling, comfort and high quality assembly of interior and exterior materials and design. I immediately took my "new" used Mercedes on a 3,000 mile road trip. The performance and reliability were flawless as the comfort and handling were as good as I have ever had. Ok, the highest quality SUV I've owned is a 2011 Nissan Murano so one could say "what does he know"? Right your are but because I've been driving since early 1960, I know what I like, know what is fake and the true meaning of quality, or "high" quality. This 2013 hit all the marks and I am impressed with its Sherman Tank domination of the road with more than adequate comfort and non-fatigue long haul driving experience. Love how the cruise control operates and can shift up/down in 1 MPH or 5 MPH increments. The immediate power available in the twin-turbo V8 is extremely satisfying. Gas mileage is not an area I gave too much concern to because of the weight and size of the GL450, it's not great for sure but it isn't as poor as many of the comparable vehicles mentioned above, so in that category I say the GL450 is decent. If I could have found one with all zone climate control and Panoramic Sunroof, those would be icing on the cake. I found one painted in Iridium Silver, performance Package 2 and with all the standard features this beauty is still amazing and priced mid $40,000 with 31,000 miles returned from lease. Best deal and best true SUV I've had ever. Highly, highly recommended.

2013 Mercedes GL450 -- Hidden Gem in Big SUV's
By david swanson

2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

We purchased a low-mile CPO vehicle from Ft. Lauderdale Mercedes. The GL450 is a real deal compared to competing vehicles such as Lexus LX and GM Suburbans. Much nicer, better ride and more comfortable.