Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

My New Benz
By Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Check package 993 Car was to have this package. Lane tracking package, blind spot assist and lane keeping assist.

E63 AMG
By IB

2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class AMG E 63 4MATIC S-Model 4dr Wagon AWD (5.5L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Unfortunately the standard 5 minutes test drive at the dealership is way too short to get to know any car. The great things about this car are very obvious, so I will only mention the lows. The ride is excessively firm, it feels like riding a cart with wooden wheels. The firm suspension and the low profile tires make the ride very harsh even in "comfort setting". The air suspension is only on the rear axle. It probably would ride better with all around air suspension, slightly thicker tires and with one setting for real comfort. In my opinion it is hard to live with this car as a daily driver. Luckily for me I have the GL SUV as well which I use for any ride that would take more than an hour.

Good looking and powerful
By Rob

2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is s great looking high powered car that handles really well and has a classy looking interior

Enjoying our E400 Cab around town or on road
By Glenn H

2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 400 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Face it, most people, if they can afford it, purchase based on exterior styling. We loved the look of the e400 Cabriolet. Having had an earlier Mercedes convertible sedan, we knew what we were getting into. In this kind of car, you trade off style and fun for a certain amount of constraint in the sizes of the passenger compartment and trunk. Still we can seat four fairly comfortably and the trunk can be packed full if the ragtop stays up. With top down, the system for sheltering passengers from wind is very effective, and the "scarf" neck warmers really work. This is our first turbo V-6 and both its performance and fuel economy have been pleasant surprises. So has the near-instant response of the paddle shifters for changing gears. The car handles quite well, with suspension just stiff enough to yield both cornering and comfort. Steering feel is also pretty good, but slightly over-boosted for my tastes. The car is built at the minimum legal ground clearance, so we have to watch it when parking near curbs (long, low nose) or going over speedbumps, drainage, etc. Our biggest complaint is the interface to the entertainment and (especially) the navigation systems. If your standard is iOS or Android, the touchscreen and voice recognition of the Mercedes will seem overly complex and clunky. Who wants to spend that much time learning the interface, which is far from intuitive? Having said that, I do not know of any car with an electronic interface that works much better.

Not for a everyday car...WEEKEND car ONLY!
By T

2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 400 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Its a beautiful car, however if you are in your 40's and this is the only car you will drive everyday think twice before purchasing. I leased the car for three years and I cannot wait to get out of it...I might have to buy it out right and try and sell it myself because I do not think I can mustard 2 MORE years in it. P.S. please do not plan on picking anybody up at the air port, because even a small suite case will not fit in the truck! I have an allowance of 10 K miles a year.. if i did keep it I will be lucky to have half the miles due to not wanting to drive it..