Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

2006 E350 with 48k miles
By Eugene

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my very first MB. got a great deal on a 2006 e350 RWD with 48k miles original in May of 2017... this car is amazing. but when something brakes it can brake your wallet. if you can work on it yourself or find a local mechanic it can be worth it. I also own a Lexus ES and would rather recommend that over this Mercedes. Just know the 06 e350 has a major motor issue. I was able to sell mine and get my money back for what I paid for it.

Life with Leisel the Deisel
By Jan G. Rogers

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased my 2006 320 CDI with 135,000 miles on it. Having done so I went to a highly recommended shop and told them I wanted the car returned to showroom condition. $ 5,000 later I own a truly great car. I recently fixed the 250,000km badge on her grille and I am as pleased two years later, as I was the day I got her. That initial work included four new tires replacing tires that were not designed for the car, a front end, correct windshield wipers and a stem to stern check of all systems and adjustments. The secret to my satisfaction is continued preventive maintenance by a highly skilled technician--not the local Mercedes dealer about whom the horror stories are endless. I drive the 25 miles to get my car worked on by real experts. Recently discovered the cost of a lost key--obscene. But despite its age this car runs like a new car, all systems work. Some things like the GPS system is antiquated and worthless--but it still works. I plan to put a lot of miles on this car.

Never will buy any Mercedes benz everagain.
By Mario

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased new in 06 and started having problems just as warranty ended. Batteries went bad, mbz has two, alternator went out, bad trans sensor alone cost $1800 you name it. Now afraid to drive it because something always goes out every time. Will not try to sell it because paid $50000+ and only worth maybe $10k now. Oh and it only has 39,000 miles. Repair costs are mind numbing probably close to $10,000. Compared to my 04 bmw purchased new and have spent $0 on repairs with 55,000 miles. First and last MB and have told everyone go with BMW or any other luxury manufacturer. Worst auto purchase and worst mistake in life.

Love this car!!!
By Dave

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 92k and now has 102k. This thing is still like a new car. Best 8 grand ever spent.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By bubba Smith

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is a tank. Great mileage, very safe,and a vehicle I will put at least 250,000 miles on. I bought this car new in 2006 and it is my far the best automotive investment I have ever made. Don't waste your money on short term 48 month ( or shorter) leases. Buy a solid Mercedes and drive it for 10 plus years.