Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Very disapointed with Mercedes E350 2006 4matic
By Lionel Fabius

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this card 1 year and 3 month ago for 9300. dollars. took it to the dealer for check-up, they did not find much wrong with it except for about 1100.00 dollars worth of work. I did the repairs to put it in tip-top shape. Thinking Mercedes has the reputation to last. The car was running well, looks in perfect condition and was running well, 86,000 miles when I bought it. I expect to have repairs with a used car, but not powertrain problem with a Mercedes at 92,000 miles and computer issues. The car has a lot of computer issues that controls everything. The transmission would not upshift pass third gear and the check engine light comes on and the rpm revs up, but it would not pass 35 miles. My mechanic said the computer card that controls the transmission needs to be replaced, it cost 1800.00 to fix. I have seen a lot of reviews with other people having the same problem and Mercedes won't fix it. As a matter of fact, lots of people appear to have problem with the engine also which cost even more. My last Ford explorer had 140,000 miles and no problem with the engine or the transmission. My advice , Buy American Cars. Mercedes is not what it used to be. There is only a reputation left.

2006 E350 with 48k miles
By Eugene

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my very first MB. got a great deal on a 2006 e350 RWD with 48k miles original in May of 2017... this car is amazing. but when something brakes it can brake your wallet. if you can work on it yourself or find a local mechanic it can be worth it. I also own a Lexus ES and would rather recommend that over this Mercedes. Just know the 06 e350 has a major motor issue. I was able to sell mine and get my money back for what I paid for it.

Life with Leisel the Deisel
By Jan G. Rogers

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased my 2006 320 CDI with 135,000 miles on it. Having done so I went to a highly recommended shop and told them I wanted the car returned to showroom condition. $ 5,000 later I own a truly great car. I recently fixed the 250,000km badge on her grille and I am as pleased two years later, as I was the day I got her. That initial work included four new tires replacing tires that were not designed for the car, a front end, correct windshield wipers and a stem to stern check of all systems and adjustments. The secret to my satisfaction is continued preventive maintenance by a highly skilled technician--not the local Mercedes dealer about whom the horror stories are endless. I drive the 25 miles to get my car worked on by real experts. Recently discovered the cost of a lost key--obscene. But despite its age this car runs like a new car, all systems work. Some things like the GPS system is antiquated and worthless--but it still works. I plan to put a lot of miles on this car.

Never will buy any Mercedes benz everagain.
By Mario

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love this car!!!
By Dave

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 92k and now has 102k. This thing is still like a new car. Best 8 grand ever spent.