Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

Used E-Class for Sale
Select your model:
12345...37

Pros
Cons

+600k Miles and Still Going STRONG

Christian Hans Koerner, 12/07/2018
E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Diesel Mercedes ARE the Cheapest Cars on the ROAD ! Period. I've retained all receipts, fuel ( +$60,000 in 10 years, average 70,000 per yr) Maintenance, etc. Cost per mile is lowest of any car I've driven, from VW Jetta Diesel, Jeep GC, Tahoe's, Camry, etc. Recently replaced ORIGINAL Turbo and Starter. Engine, knock on wood, has never been opened, Tranny rebuilt at 400,000 because I drive like a German. The only thing I would change is the TAXES on Diesel. Since I burn LESS FUEL, Why does the Federal Govt and State charge me more, don't they want us Commoners to use LESS FUEL ?!?!?!

Oil pump problems

Hans, 08/20/2010
E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Listen in the morning at start up for a whining noise. it is the oil Pump because very few mechanics change the front of the trans oil, there are two oil plug for the transmission. Mercedes will replace the oil pump even the vehicle is out of warranty because they know there is a problem . 06 and 07 E350 .

Love this car

srsmartin, 08/26/2010
E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car's average mileage for its first 51,000 miles is 30,6. On the highway I get 41+ at 70 mph. Add Mercedes legendary comfort and handling and this is a great car. I bought it used in 2009 from a dealer with a full MB warranty for $28 k. I'll never buy a new one again! It is my fourth Benz/first diesel, and I am now a diesel convert. Why drive anything else?

Great car

eebenz, 04/12/2012
E320 CDI 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

So far zero problems with this car. I bought it transferred from Houston to Phoenix with 45k mi, and have 60k mi now. Everything is perfect. Fuel mileage summer 24/36 winter 29/38 city/highway. My typical city driving is 6 mile each way with 15 lights. hwy hilly and 75 to 80mph. Note ac use is the mpg killer in Phoenix.

Mercedes does NOT stand behind their products

david suazo, 10/25/2016
E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Its a great car but this year model has too many problems. Mercedes does not stand behind their cars. I had to replace the balance shaft which cost me $4,500 because Mercedes made a design flaw. They eventually had a class action law suite succeed but they refused to fix my car. There was also a recall on the brake pump , again they refused to honor the recall saying they could not get the correct code. 1 year later I had a catastrophic brake failure on the high way. Again they refused to fix it even though there was a recall. I called Mercedes headquarters in New Jersey, they again refused to honor there recall. I am very disappointed in Mercedes Benz, it appears all they want is your money but do not stand behind there products.

12345...37