Skip to main content

Save as much as $3,300
Select your trim:
1...

5 out of 5 stars

CX-90 competes with prestige brands? You betcha!

Mike D. Cincinnati, 05/25/2023
2024 Mazda CX-90 3.3 Turbo S Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

Purchased the Turbo S Premium model -- 340 HP. I read dozens of professional reviews before test driving locally and buying. Brand new vehicle so you may have to expand your search away from home to find the model / trim that you want. I got the version with captain's chairs in 2nd and 3rd row so mine seats 6. Bench seat also available if you prefer that. Pros: great acceleration with top notch handling and comfortable ride. Soaks up bumps well. Very quiet on highway. Great Bose stereo. I have to disagree with many of the professional reviewers -- I like the scroll wheel interface rather than touch screen -- less distracting. Bought a brand new 2021 Audi Q7 and got rid of it after a year -- great vehicle but I hated the touch screen interface -- Audi not intuitive and very frustrating. I had a 2019 Mazda CX-9 for 4 years and liked the interface - one of the big reasons I was attracted to the CX-90. Cons: as other reviewers have noted - limited space for storage in front cabin and behind 3rd row. Turbo S Premium model that I bought does not have ventilated front seats, so you may want to avoid black interior. Paddle shifters are there, but I prefer to shift with my own with the gear selector as I did my old CX-9 but can't do with the CX-90. Overall, I think that Mazda has hit a home run with this vehicle. Those looking for a prestige brand or more cargo room will definitely look for another brand. But I like it better than the 2021 Audi Q7 that I owned. Dealer experience: Picked up the CX-90 at Huffman Mazda in Louisville, over 100 miles from home to get the model I wanted. Well worth the drive - top notch customer experience, no games, no nonsense customer experience. Finalized a very fair deal via email and phone.

Near BMW Performance & Lexus-like Quality

AMM1959 , 08/12/2023
2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric plug-in hybrid 8A)

My wife's 17 year old RX 400h has been remarkably reliable, but needed replacement. We cross shopped multiple brands, including the Kia that Edmunds rated a bit higher than the CX 90. In my view that comparison review is valid, but only if your primary use case is as a younger family that needs to haul a soccer team, or if touch screens are more important to you than stopping distances, gas mileage, insurance costs, and quality. Remarkably, the CX 90 PHEV is a driver's car - an actual driver's car that's also a spacious hauler. We were shocked by the excellent handling and tight turning radius, and then I realized that the CX 90 PHEV is a mid engine design! The gas engine and electric motor are both behind the front axle: a "front-mid." For us, better handling, better braking, better quality, a gorgeous interior with properly firm seats, and radically superior fuel economy are a winning combination. A worthwhile tradeoff vs. a few extra cubic feet of space. You should also check insurance rates in your area. Kia/Hundai only added engine immobilizers in 2022, so at least where we live they're still being targetted by thieves and insurance rates here are higher for them. To top it off this is a PHEV that can tow 3500 lbs and run electric for all of our local driving. No other brand offers a PHEV 3 row in our area excepting the much higher priced and (sadly) lower quality Lincoln. In our view Mazda is no longer a direct competitor to Kia, Honda, Hyundai or Toyota - they're offering near BMW performance with Lexus-like quality at lower prices than traditional "luxury" brands. We highly recommend you consider this model.

So far, so good!

Owner Review, 06/06/2023
2024 Mazda CX-90 3.3 Turbo Preferred Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

I have owned my CX-90 Preferred Plus for several weeks driving it so I now am able to provide some perspective. I traded in a 2020 Honda Passport. Similar horse power but different torque. Quarks.....The main thing that I have to get used to is the Hybrid system of how it starts the car going. Not necessarily something that bothers me but something that is different and has to get accustomed to because is is a bit jittery for a brief moment getting going. Charging pad is a bit sensitive to make sure you get your phone just right. Not a ton of storage space for stuff. Likes....Driving dynamics are simply awesome. Steering, braking, acceleration very responsive. Interior is well put together with nice touches even at my lower trim. This car is way more responsive than the Honda Passport with similar horsepower. I know the torque is what is really pushing this but still what a difference. Ride quality is nice with pretty comfy seats (I am 6'1 and a bit on the larger size:) with no issues in the seats. Quite interior, good ample outlets. 3 row seats are usable which is all I cared about since I am not putting someone back there all the time. Bottom line...if you value driving dynamics over utilitarianism than the CX-90 might be a good option. If you want more loading space there are better options.

Artisan Red

Dustin & Trish, 05/10/2023
2024 Mazda CX-90 3.3 Turbo Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

We had been shopping Acura, Cadillac, BMW, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, and Lincoln for over a year. and the new Mazda CX-90 blew them away. Much higher reliability and build quality. A sporty luxury SUV, with Second row heated captains chairs and cargo room behind them with third row down. No need for the turbo S, the regular turbo gives this stylish SUV 320 lbs of torque immediately on regular gas, I can always drive in sport mode if I need a ticket. We visited our local dealership and test drove the CX-90 in Artisan Red, with Turbo Premium Plus options. The first one they received. Test drove it and bought it immediately. It’s a big AWD turbo Miata. We’ve had it for a month love the looks and handling. Our kids love the captains chairs.

CX-90 Turbo S Prem Plus in Artisan Red and Tan Int

Otis, 05/26/2023
2024 Mazda CX-90 3.3 Turbo S Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

I am very happy with our new 2024 CX-90 which replaced a destroyed 2018 CX-9 Signature (Auburn Leather interior). Bought one of the 1st ones in GA on Mar31st, '23. Have driven 1,300 miles in the 2 months I have owned it and done both sporty driving and one long, 200mile, roadtrip at 60-80mph the whole drive. 25mpg combined and 29.5mpg highway! I will be brutally fair in my likes and dislikes: LIKES: 1. This 3.3L Inline6 turbo and new 8spd auto tranny are a gem! Powerful and smooth, 340hp with Premium gas BUT the owners can choose to fill with Regular and power only drops to 319hp and no change in the 369lb-ft torque! 2. That large glass pano roof is great and it should have been on the later CX-9s too. 3. At the top trims ($59K+) the Tan or white interiors are amazing (at lower trims I would have wanted the "Greige"). My Tan interior with exclusive 2-tone leather wheel is very upscale. 4. Heated and cooled seats in ALL Capt chairs (4!). 5. The Driver Personalization features and the sporty way this SUV drives makes me smile everyday, wow. DISLIKES (well, I dont really dislike anything...so these are just "misses" for the Mazda engineers); 1. The seats are FIRM (good for sporty driving) but my CX-9 Signature was a good bit more comfortable when driving over an hour. 2. Very little room for your feet in 3rd row IF you have 2nd row Capt chairs. Having the center console in 2nd row makes this situation even worse. 3. The Pano roof only opens up about 6 or 7 inches...should be TWICE that since this vehicle is so large. 4. The best real wood accents are ONLY offered in the White interior AND only if you are at Turbo S PP trim (max trim level at $61,000+). The other trims (including mine) have a darker, more "processed" wood trim which actually doesnt look natural AND has been reviewed as fake wood applique by reviewers (even though Mazda USA confirmed my Tan interior had real wood). Either way, this brown CX-90 wood looks fake and my CX-9 Signature had MUCH nicer interior wood. 5. The rear window glass doesnt roll all the way down into the door! Now I KNOW you cannot push a big piece of glass into a small space AND the rear wheel well is the reason it cannot go fully down, I get that...but at $66,000 including tax, youd better ENGINEER it so it disappears, period. Otherwise charge me 40,000 dollars for this CX-90 so I dont feel bad when I roll down the rear window and it feels like I am in a KIA Minivan because my window stops 3/4 of the way down. These small dislikes are VERY minor compared to the GREAT driving experience and this hot new Inline6 turbo motor! I smile every time I drive it fast and every time I gas up and see I got 25, 26, or 27mpg on that tank while my neighbors are getting 16-19 in their 6 and 7 seaters. THANK YOU Mazda!

1...