2020 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $3,690
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Four and Half Passengers Not 5

Roshdy, 08/16/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2020 CX-5 "Signature" two months ago. I find it uncomfortable. Specifically, the driver seat is too narrow. I am an average built man but the seat is simply narrow and hard. The signature model has leather seats, but I have no idea why would the designers use very hard leather. The back seats are even worse. No way that 3 adults can sit comfortably in the back and definitely there is no room to have three child seats. Next, the seat belt. Too tight. I had been driving different cars for 35 years I never complained about the seat belt. I find myself constantly trying to loosen it and I pushed the seat back as far as it goes but the belt keeps on creeping on you and gets very tight on the chest and near the neck. Third, the climate control is acceptable but not great on hot days. Keep in mind that the model I have is top of the line. It has all the bells and whistles. One good feature is the ability to cool the seat in the summer and heat it in the winter. Also the 360 degree view of the car surrounding is very cool. Mechanically, the car is smooth and responsive. It has a switch to make it more sporty. I tried it on the highway. I did not notice any performance difference but I noticed higher level of noise. The auto hold parking does not work I hope the dealer will be able to fix it. All in all, I think it is OK but I doubt that this is the top of its class. Sorry I would not buy it again.

A great vehicle to drive!!!

Dianne, 09/18/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love this suv! We traded a 2018 for the 2020, same exact vehicle, Pearl White with Parchment White interior. It is even more fun to drive! Great response to uphill drive, great cornering, just a fun drive! The interior is so classy, also!!! My 4th Mazda: 2 Trubutes and 2 CX5s since 2000. We still have the 2005 Tribute. We have never had to take one of them to be repaired, ever!! Only tires and batteries!! That in itself is a testimony!!

Mazda are dangerous

Jorge Junior, 09/29/2020
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Please be aware of all the brake problems Mazda has been having in several years!!! The Mazda 3 and 30 just got recalled for loose hardware in the Caliber!!! The CX5 has had earlier model with Brake problems!!! My 3month 3,000 mile CX5 failed to stop on me and slammed into a building! At 3,000 miles my caliber was damage and my rotors work worn out. Yet Mazda wanted to blame it on me for claiming to be a bad driver.

Ad
Build Your CX-5
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • $25,370starting MSRP

Failure to start

Jo Randall, 10/07/2020
Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car for the safety features and bells and whistles. Twice in 4 months since ownership the car would not start after sitting over the weekend. The dashboard lit up with display(key fob failure the first time) After changing key fob and its battery car would not start .The service that jumpstarted the car said the battery was depleted even though nothing was left running.The dealer looked at it and stated there was no problem even though the car service that jump started the car said the battery was depleted. This is a new 2020 model and only owned for 4 months .The car worked for another month then would not start after sitting over the weekend . Another jump start and reports of "the battery was low" I took it back to the dealer requesting a complete check and new battery. Will update progress.

So Far Excellent

Frank A, 09/03/2020
Signature 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My first week driving my new 2020 Mazda CX 5 Signature model. Could not be happier. In my mind Mazda has put out a car that, if it had a different auto brand name such as BMW, the car would have a much greater MSRP. Quiet, good ride, excellent interior, great std features, nice kick to the engine with the turbo...too many good features to list. If you had to find a negative, I think the touch screen on the dash will be considered on the smallish side in a few years, but that does not bother me.

12345...16