Used 2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-5 model:

Beautiful Ride
By Mike

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall MPG is better than EPA. Never a problem with this car.

Good car, after some modifications
By Phil

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this CX-5 from a dealership with 35,000 miles. Seemed ok during the short test ride, but after owning the car and riding for longer distances, we found the passenger seat to be very uncomfortable. Also, the headrests were tilted too far forward and caused neck aches. We talked to the dealership about these issues, but they offered no solutions. I had to remove the passenger seat from the vehicle, unhook the leather upholstery, and cut away some of the seat foam from both sides of the seat cushion. Had to repeat this procedure a second time to achieve the desired comfort. Clamped the headrests in my bench vice and bent each support rod until they fit right. Now the car is comfortable, but one shouldn't have to go through all of that. Also had to adjust the headlights up to see adequately on dims. The owners manual gave no instructions to do this - thank goodness for google. Just a few other minor gripes: Mazda should have included a water temperature gauge. An ammeter would be good too. The GPS navigation system is NOT user friendly and the voice control is an exercise in frustration. The Bose sound system is not as good as the stock radio in my Honda Accord. Still trying to figure out the door locks - push the button, still can't get in... push it again, you might get in... and when you walk away from the car, it sometimes locks automatically and sometimes doesn't. You just never know. So overall, we like the car. It's finally comfortable, handles great, is fun to drive, does great in snow or rain, gets about 26 average mpg and is very reliable. I also installed a hitch, and it tows a trailer well. Would I buy another one?..... well, maybe.

Great car
By Renee

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Its fun to drive. Roomy, not alot of cubies to put things had lots in my car kinda miss that. There is a little tiny light for the far back not to bright would like a better light back there. But a great suv so far.

Give me a brake
By sgopus

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Somewhere in the back end body metal wise it creaks and rattles, I'm thinking it's the rear covers over the glass in the hatch, go over 60 or in a strong wind and they rattle like mad, with only 25 miles on the car. when I hit 15k on milage the mpg dropped dramatically, from 33 to no more than 25 mpg. at 30k my brakes starting fading and shuddering on braking at freeway speeds, I've replaced the rotors and with less than 1k on them the shudder came back, I've tried the reseating the brake pads to no good effect ie breaking them in properly. on the road.

awesome car!
By leeann hines

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

i love love love my 2014 mazda cx5, to me the car is just perfect in every way!