Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used 2 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2014 2, so we've included reviews for other years of the 2 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Mazda 2 after 250 miles. Again after 40,000 miles

mikeinct, 04/02/2013
updated 10/04/2017
2013 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had concerns about the Mazda 2 based on other reviewers reports. So far my experience has been very positive. I almost bought a Honda Fit base. But for less money I bought the Mazda2 Touring MT. My feeling is that the Mazda is sportier and more fun to drive. Also I am finding that with careful use of the stick you can get much better economy than reported by EPA. On stop and go commute my mpg is mid to high thirties. I have yet to spend much time on the highway but I won't be surprised to see over 40. I like the interior and the exterior. The build quality is evident. Everything inside and on the dash is intuitive. More later... After 40,000 the Mazda 2 runs fine. It has been good in the winter and gets great gas mileage ~ 35 to 40 mpg. The only problem I had was front rotor warping at 25,000 which I repaired. Not under warranty. I expect to run the car for many more inexpensive years.....Mike After 60,000 miles the Mazda runs fine. I did have to redo the front rotors again. When they warped the first time the fix was to resurface and this was not a good idea. I should have insisted on new rotors.

4.5 out of 5 stars

The Mazda2 is for the car enthusiast of the "B" segment.

marvinloldham, 10/04/2013
2013 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have two types of cars: The sports car I love and the work car I need. It was time for me to replace my need car. so I wanted, cheep, easy to maintain, great mpg, and it had to be A STICK! I looked at the Mazda2, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai accent, Chevy Sonic, and the Honda fit. Let make it REAL easy for you since I drove them all. If you need cargo hauling-- go with the Honda fit. If you want to be under the radar and the best warranty-- go with the Hyundai Accent. If you need bells and whistles- Go with the Ford Fiesta. If you need a compromise of the previous three --- Go with the Chevy Sonic. But if you like a car that acts & feels like a sports car--- Mazda2 hands down!

5 out of 5 stars

Back to Driving, a car that's not an appliance

David Strain, 03/28/2016
updated 10/10/2017
2013 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a fan of cars that drive well, and are not complicated. The Mazda2 with its five speed manual, a very smooth shifting manual, fits this bill perfectly. Like the Mazda Miata it is not overpowered but its elegant manual shifter more than compensates, and at highway speeds is both comfortable and secure. We drove from San Francisco to Phoenix to Giants spring training and enjoyed the ride at least as much as we had in larger cars like the VW Passat. It's not a rocket so passing on two lane roads requires judgment (and distance). There were two of us; the back seat is fine for children and comfortable for adults in the Bay Area. It's a hatchback and we could put two suitcases in the "trunk," and of course much more by lowering the back seats. Parking is amazing . . . the car is 144 inches long. There's no touchscreen . . . the things you need get going by buttons, some on the steering wheel. A wonderful car.

Great Little Car

jamuraco, 02/10/2012
2012 Mazda 2 Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had been looking at the Mazda2 well before it arrived in the states. Shortly after it arrived, the Chevy Sonic and Kia Rio5 also arrived. After checking out all three vehicles, the Mazda2 blew the competition out of the water. It may not have the biggest engine or most features, but it is most definitely the most fun to drive. While many reviews I read commented on the Mazda2's lack of power, I find it to be more than adequate. I love the driving experience provided by Mazda and am especially pleased to be averaging 30mpg (compared to the 20mpg I got in my old vehicle) and not having to spend nearly as much on gas. It really is a great little car that is definitely worth checking out.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Shhh...don't tell anyone why you REALLY bought it.

troyohchatter, 01/30/2015
2013 Mazda 2 Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

$14K out the door (I got a deal!), no options, no infotainment to speak of; just a small Japanese hatchback. Basic transportation. And for that purpose, in and of itself, it was well worth the money to buy. But it's so much more. It's like driving a go-cart to work every day. The steering is spot on, brakes are fantastic, and the handling overall is unbelievable. The seats are sporty and comfortable and the ergonomics are the best I have seen in a long time. Furthermore, no options still means you get keyless entry, windows, locks, and an iPod/MP3 capable sound system. Just an overall good car.

12345...6