Used 2005 Lincoln Aviator SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Aviator for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Maybe The Best Around

Henry, 02/06/2005

Fast, agile and luxurious. Great ride in snow or sun and fun to drive. Smooth and yet no bulky feel. Plenty of passenger room and comforst.

Perfect SUV

BG Bob, 02/19/2005

The best way to describe our Aviator AWD with the elite package is an entertainment delight with a great smooth ride. The touch screen GPS and sound system is easy to use. Perfect SUV for short or long trips and easy parking.

Electrical Problems

bill, 02/19/2005

Not one thing electrical on this vehicle has not broken down. Sound system, Reverse warning system, Navigation System, Heat, Air, Windows have all malfunctioned. Currently looking to bring in again for another heating problem. Also, vehicle is very loud. Vehicle also takes forever to heat up or cool down inside. Seat warmers take at least 10 minutes to start working. SUV also has leaking problems in the back due to poor craftmanship.

Many thumbs up for my Black Beauty w/chr

VTMoon, 03/09/2005

I very satisfy with the purchase of my Lincoln Aviator. I could not ask for a better mid-size SUV. Yes, gas mile is poor but if you can afford the vehicle you can afford the gas. Looks good, rides good, sounds good, This is my 1st SUV and 1st american made purchase since 1994. (Im a Lexus man but this aviator is tranforming me in to a Lincoln-SUV man). I am shock that the Aviator does not get better reviews. I did a lot of research and the Aviator is the best in appearance and power and it not just a jacked up station wagon like many of the other Mid-size so call SUV.

My Aviator runs like crap

STEVE, 03/10/2005

I traded in a Mercury Mountaineer that was a very nice vehicle for this one. At ll,500 miles, it sits at a traffic light and shakes. I've had it in a total for 3 times and been told each time that it was to "specs". I've had plenty of cars... around 50 or so... and never had a $45,000 lincoln that sits at a light and shakes. My water bottle looks like a Tsunami. I'm trying very hard to find a real mechanic as opposed to a technician to try and fix this car. I'm going to sell it ASAP...as I can get it fixed. Any person driving this vehicle would ask what's wrong with it.... My 6th and LAST Lincoln/Mercury product and probably my last American Made Auto.Steve Crouch

Warning! Cheap car alert!

Steven Wilson, 03/21/2005

My old Aviator died after 94,000 miles. This Aviator is reliable so far but it is very cheap. The fake wood is terrible and the seats have no back support. The whole car is very cheap. You could tell that the Chevy Tahoe is safer and built better and has a smoother ride. This car rides better then a Chrysler but not as well as a Toyota, GMC, or Honda. This car is too powerful. It only gets 15 miles per gallon. This car is a horrible value and cheap.

Aviator does it right!

Robin, 03/19/2005

We just purchased this vehicle and are so pleased! We owned a Mountaineer prior and cannot believe what we have been missing. If you want to feel like you are in a Luxury car and not a truck well then this is the one for you. My sister owned one and we fell in love. we did our research and realized this was the one. Not only do you feel safe, but it handles the road amazingly. It looks good to! heads turn when you are driving this machine. Safety features are all there too. we only regret not buying it sooner.

Surprised

Eric, 04/07/2005

I have been one to always buy sports cars but with the pending arrival of my son i thought it would be more practical to look at an SUV. I love my Aviator. I got the Jet Black loaded one and love it. Highly recommed it. Only downside is the gas mileage. So far i am averaging 12 mpg in the city. hope it gets better. My navigator gets 13 to 14.

14-18 mpg is honest

driver, 04/26/2005

The 2005 Lincoln Aviator is easy to drive and they have thought of almost every amenity to make driving comfortable from heated/cooled seats and zoned climate controls to all radio and cruise contols on the steering wheel. The sensors in the rear bumper are a plus for me since this is the first non sedan type for me. I haven't owned it long enough to have an opinion about the build quality or reliabilty. My average is 15 mpg and I have driven 3,000 miles (1/2 city and 1/2 highway). Lincoln indicates 14-18 mpg which is true. I make trips to the airport often and it has plenty of room for 4 engineers and their gear plus me the driver.

Near perfect

new mexico, 06/19/2005

I have found the Aviator to be near perfect. It handles well- it simply responds beautifully. It is comfortable for me and I am rather small ( 5'3" ) and yet my 6' husband finds it comfortable as well. It is a great size- large enough but, not too large. And, when I need power- it is there. Overall, so far so good- I really like this SUV.

I love my Aviator

Ricardo, 07/14/2005

The Aviator performs exactly as I thought it would. It's a pleasure to drive, and my wife and I look forward to trips in it. The mileage isn't red hot, but I knew it wouldn't be when I decided to buy the vehicle. It's great for hauling groceries, golf clubs, and friends. We love it!

comfort

Glen Bartlett, 07/16/2005

the interior allows for the back seating to be as comfortable as the front. plenty of power.looks very stylish. very solidly built

Dream suv

rayc, 07/16/2005

Outstanding except for gas mileage but well worth it no other complaint!

An honest review of the Aviator

Harley Storrings, 07/18/2005

When you first get in, you immediately notice the luxury and refinement of the cabin. The Aviator's cabin impressed me far more than any competitor's. The suspension and ride are excellent for an SUV, and the performance, while by no means insufficient, is the car's only weakness. I have had no issues of reliability, and Lincoln's service has been top notch.

Love It!!!!!!!

Deb, 07/20/2005

I love everything about my Aviator. I got a great deal from an excellent dealership.

Iam Hooked on Lincolns

LincolnBoi2005 , 07/31/2005

my experience has been great with my Aviator... recently drove from Ga. to NY .. i couldnt ask for a nicer drive .. Got 22 miles per gallon. the comfort was great since i drove straight through .. Handled great & engine power was like a breeze cutting through the mountains . was able to load everything i wanted to bring in the back cargo area ..

Love my SUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Ken Anzules, 08/03/2005

We love our 2005 Lincoln Aviator. The mileage could be better,but we knew we were getting into a V8 performance. We searched for over a year for the perfect SUV for our family. We are so glad we found this one.

Drives like a luxury car

Stacy, 08/06/2005

I have owned my Aviator for 3 months now and I'm in heaven. I love the truck more and more everyday. It drives like a luxury car. It does very poor on gas but I knew that when I purchased it. I would recommend this truck to everyone. The DVD system and sound system are great.

This car is fun to drive

Carolyn Norklun, 08/08/2005

This car is more fun to drive than an SUV is supposed to be. The acceleration can be head snapping. The vehicle is very stable and handles very well. Fit and finish are excellent. My husband particularly likes the navigation system. All and All a very nice vehicle.

Extremely Dissatisfied

Filippone, Robert A., 08/08/2005

My first "luxury vehicle". I have had 12 Ford Motor Co. products in my lifetime. Always had very good luck with each of them. 100000+ miles on each. I keep my vehicles at least 8-10 years. Take excellent care of them. Have never had a complaint about any. When I retired, I decided to upgrade into a "luxury vehicle". Have never had such a vehicle in my life. Thought I owed it to myself. When the Aviator came out in 2003 I was impressed. I purchased a "DEMO" with 1411 miles on it. I was thrilled to death. Immediately I had ignition problems. Not once. not twice, but five times. The same problem. It was solved eventually, but only after being towed and inconvienced five times.

Gladiator's Aviator

lfleming, 08/18/2005

The only burp I've had with my Aviator is the DVD player ran my battery down, so I had to get a boost. Perhaps the DVD should run on its own battery. I think that the second set of seats should recline more.

Lincoln Aviator

Herb, 08/24/2005

So far, and except for the poor gas mileage, a great SUV! Plenty of power. Drives better than any other SUV that I have driven. Drives like a luxury car, but has plenty of room.

2003 Aviator A/C stinks, - literally!

Carol, 09/17/2005

Chose an Aviator as an SUV that wasn't huge but had the power to haul our boat. Like the interior and the ride, but have been very disappointed with the number of problems we have had. Currently experiencing problems with the A/C which blows foul smelling humid air at us. Service rep says this is due to condensation sitting in the compressor creating mildew and is normal. Technicians repeatedly claim they can't detect a foul odor. Have recently met another 03 Aviator owner with the same beef. Wonder what kind of health hazard might be posed by mould or mildew in the air system. Anyone else with this problem? We are taking it to the regional level with the dealer. Will post our results

Nice Driver

nvbanker, 10/03/2005

The Aviator has the distinction of being the Navigator's younger brother in design and looks. Most of the features you can get in the Navigator are available. The magic of the Aviator is the way it drives. The steering is easy and the power is extraordinary. It's the most fun SUV I've ever driven.

Great value in a luxury midsize SUV

CB, 09/21/2005

I'm very pleased with my new '05 Aviator so far. The handling and driving performance are excellent, comparable to my previous SUV (2002 Lexus RX300), and that's saying a lot. Very plush, feature-laden interior with excellent use of space. Logical instrument layout. Overall looks are great--definitely like taking all the best things about a Navigator and shrinking it down slightly to a more manageable level, while still having an ample 3rd row for families with kids. Employee pricing and other incentives make this a hard deal to beat in this segment! If you're looking for a luxury SUV with a 3rd row, you'd be hard pressed to find a better combo of value, styling and performance.

I Love This Car

Deann, 11/15/2005

We have had it for almost a year now and its ran great. We had a problem with the steering wheel locking up. The car itself is very comfortable but the leather gets dirty very easily. We have had Lincolns for 13 years and they take care and own up on their warranties. We would have gotten the Navigator but it was just to big for us. Overall this car is the best Lincoln we've had.

Awesome

CHRISTIE, 12/19/2005

AS this being my first SUV purchace and may i say a forced purchace (I am a real sporty performance driven girl myself) As a new mother and needing more room I opted for the aviator for not only its looks inside and out, the roomiiness and luxury sold me ... not only that 3rd row seating.... The V8 still got out of its own way...unlike its suv look alikes ( which by the way had no more room than my A6 Audi in the back) still love it one year later, It is my new livingroom. Clee

Great Vehicle!!

DAWN, 03/01/2007

I love this truck, I went from a Trailblazer to this, what a difference. Smooth ride, classic interior. My son loves the DVD player, the second row bucket seats, and the third row seating for his friends!! Powerful engine, like any other vehicle, owner needs to get used to the handling and especially in bad weather!

Aviator

AMY GRESAK, 07/15/2007

My driving experience is very luxury and it handles the road great. It provides awesome entertainment for children or guests and at the same time makes driving a relaxing experience. Reduces the stress on long drives and short.

The review of the century

Wayne, 12/16/2018
Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a luxury vehicle indeed! Exceeded all my expectations. Will definitely buy another!!

Aviator runs good

Queen, 11/07/2019
Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

2005 Aviator still runs good with 75000 mls love my aviator.

Crack in rear (panel of liftgate, by Lincoln emble

J Cooper, 11/20/2019
Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Lincoln does not stand behind their vehicles,even when many Lincoln Aviator owners report the same factory defect.

51050