2021 Lexus UX 250h SUV Consumer Reviews

$35,200

Save as much as $65
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Great choice for urban transportation

KTJadon, 03/29/2021
4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had two NX f sports before this which were fantastic. It’s been about a month now with the Ux. I have been intrigued with this since it came on the market. It drives amazingly well for a small wheelbase car. The gas mileage is double that of the nx and takes regular fuel which the nx turbo does not. What I don’t understand is why Lexus got rid of the Siri Hands Free feature that now only works if you plug in for Apple CarPlay. So if you like that former feature be ready. Apparently it’s across their entire line of vehicles. Really dumb decision. So I will lease it inexpensively for two years and tool around very efficiently. For now it’s a modern and much cheaper alternative to going electric. Finally I don’t understand why they make it so difficult to get the luxury package which really would make it a true Lexus.

An Awesome Vehicle With a Few Considerations

Justin, 07/23/2021
4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A bit about me, I measure less than 6'0" and have been driving a Toyota Prius for the better part of 8 or so years now and just recently purchased the Lexus UX250h as my primary vehicle. Generally speaking, most of my weekly driving is spent on the highway on a commute to work but I also have an occasional several hundred mile drive to visit family and an every now-and-then need to move cargo like moving boxes, tables, and chairs around for friends. I'm happy to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed practically every bit about this car so far. If I'm being honest, I did have a few hesitations based on some reviews and videos I watched while I was researching online, so I'm going to try to address those points based on my own experience just below: INITIAL RESERVATIONS "the rear seat situation is not roomy enough" I just spent a weekend driving two adults around seated in the rear seats who both measure about 5'6" and neither complained at all about the leg room, head room, or width of the rear seats. Yes, it is slightly smaller than some other vehicles (like the Prius), but the comfort of the seats themselves make it a pleasant and cozy enough ride. Again, highly contingent on how tall you (the driver) and your passengers are, I'd go as far to say that if you are under 6'0" it should be a pretty enjoyable ride throughout. "not enough cargo space in the trunk" Totally subjective to your needs, but I found going from a Prius (which I think has a ton of cargo volume) to this UX250h (less space than the Prius) hasn't been an issue so far. I can fit two golf bags in the rear space when removing the cover and some pretty massive boxes when the rear seats are lowered which has more than suited my needs up to this point. "infotainment trackpad is frustratingly annoying to use" I don't disagree that the trackpad needs some work, but that hasn't been an issue because: A) the most-used controls (for me, that's the A/C controls, radio on/off, and volume control) all have their own physical buttons so I don't have to use the trackpad for the most common functions. I'd like to add that the A/C control buttons are super satisfying to use, I find myself fidgeting with them all the time, kudos to Lexus on not forgetting the little details. B) Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. I have never been a fan of any of the OEM-installed navigation systems ever so the inclusion of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in this vehicle allows me to not only use the GPS app of my preference (Google Maps or Apple Maps are the two I use), it also allows me to use my phone to input things like addresses before I leave for my destination. Again, in this case I don't have to use the trackpad for this function either All that said, the need for the trackpad is minimal, and even when I do have to use it I've now found that after a short while of use I am now used to its somewhat finicky design (i.e. it's not unbearably bad). "not enough horsepower" Once again, completely subjective (you know you), but I've found this has more than enough power for all the everyday driving situations I've run into in life. Merging onto highways, navigating stop-and-go traffic, keeping up with highway speeds so as not to interrupt the flow of traffic, and generally zipping around town have been done with ease. Will I be taking this to the track? Absolutely not. Would I be able to beat out my old Prius merging into a lane? 100%. I've come to grips with the reality that I really only need so much car to get an enjoyable and comfortable ride and this UX250h meets (and even sometimes exceeds) that. Again, been more than happy with this vehicle so far and am looking forward to keeping it for many many years to come.

I ❤️ My UX 250H

Bevnap, 07/27/2021
Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the luxury trim because that’s what was available. I find this vehicle to be underpriced. I got the birch interior which is light grey with a black accent which is gorgeous. But again it’s what was available. It’s super nice to drive and I find myself driving a little slower cause I like to watch my MPG grow!! (First hybrid). The price is one of the things I like the most. I feel like this vehicle is the absolute best in its class fir the price, under 40K. I can afford a more expensive car but I don’t want to. There’s a lot of other things I want to spend money on!!!

ad labelAd
  • $35,100starting MSRP

Superb Performance

Barbara, 09/04/2021
4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is efficient and outstanding in every way. I’m highly impressed with its mpg, quiet ride, roominess for the size and ability to get up and go!

1 out of 5 stars

Brake shudder

Keith Williams, 07/26/2021
Luxury 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Brake shudder on stopping and moving off.Lexus aware of inherent fault. Dealer states I need to learn to drive a hybrid.For a car of this price you think the car could adapt to my driving.