Used 2010 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Ultimate in quality, comfort and reliability.
By Spencer J. Brown

2010 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is the fourth new Lexus that I have owned. The first was an LS430 and then we bought two GX470's (one for me and one for the wife). This 2010 LS460 has been a joy to own and drive. I have almost 140,000 miles on it and have NEVER had a problem with it. It cruises at 80MPH across the desert in Nevada and yet is flawless in its fit and finish and comfort. I can get as much as 27MPG on the highway even going faster than the speed limit.It still drives like a new car and I would not hesitate to take it cross country at the drop of a hat. It performs well in the snow (with my Blizzak's of course) and handles as well on dry pavement as it does when it is raining.

2010 LS460L (AWD)
By DBT

2010 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased my certified pre-owned 2010 LS460L in 2014. I also purchased the 19" factory Lexus wheels which really made the LS look much better than it did with the 18" wheels. It was my dream car that I really wanted after owning a 2002 LX470 for 10 years that I purchased in 2005. The LS460L is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. My favorite features was the Mark Levinson sound system and the extended wheelbase. We drove to Louisiana in the LS and it felt like I was sitting on a nice leather couch with a steering wheel in front of me. I drove to Louisiana in my LX470 a few years ago and it was not as comfortable as the LS. I am tall and the LS460L is incredibly spacious for tall folks and a family of (5). I wish the LS had a panoramic sunroof option and I am surprised it was never offered. The acceleration was smooth and felt like a plane taking off on the tarmac. It felt like the car was floating the faster I drove. Most reputable car reviewers always speak negatively about the lack of sport feel and power compared to it's German competitors, but I'm not looking for a sport feel in a huge luxury sedan. I would buy something much smaller if I want a sporty driving experience. They also mention how the styling is bland compared to it's competitors, which I agree. Lexus finally stepped it up with the new generation LS500! The Lexus brand really needs to offer better wheel selections like Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz. The Germans seem to have the best optional wheel selections that look better than most aftermarket wheels. I sold my LS in 2016 and purchased a certified pre-owned GX460. Long story concerning my reasoning for selling it, but I plan to either buy the new generation LS500 or the LX570 in a few years when I can pick one up as a certified pre-owned. The LS460 is an excellent vehicle with solid engineering. You can't go wrong with this vehicle if you were thinking about purchasing it.

2010 Lexus LS460 Review
By Tom

2010 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this car with 18k miles on it in 2014. Now have 70k miles on it. Pros: Very quiet, comfortable, quick acceleration, great handling for car this size, reliable. Cons: Brakes warp easily, navigation system is horrible, $130 oil changes at quick change places, navigation update was about $300. I owned 2001 LS430 before this that was more comfortable, quieter, smoother ride and more solid feeling. The 460 is faster and has 2 engine air filters and thick robust brake pads that last a long time. This is a great car but the LS430 was a bit better in my opinion. I enjoy Lexus reliability and now own 2013 ES350 also.

BUY IT...BUY IT!!!
By Alvin

2010 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Easily the best car I've purchased. Easily.

As other reviews have stated, this is reliable luxury for less! Keep in mind this is the Lexus flagship sedan, with MSRP's close to $80k when new. Because of that, Lexus has invested/added a LOT of features as "standard in this vehicle". I test drove a 7-series before this which had more features and a much livelier V8, however a horrendous ownership experience that would likely have come with it (high maintenance, high repair, horrific resale value) would have followed.

The LS460 is by far the quietest, most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Whether it is cruising on the interstate or navigating through downtown traffic, this vehicle isolates you from the world, it actually makes commuting a pleasure! The terrific Mark Levinson surround sound system is worth the upgrade and tuned precisely for audiophile pleasure! The quality of the leather, the interior and the trims are all well thought out. It is a spectacular ride; test drive one and you'll see what I'm talking about!

What to look out for? Control arms are an issue for 07-10 LS460's with repairs costing over $5k. This is a well documented issue, and was resolved in 2011. Also note with this vehicle, maintenance costs more (it takes 9 quarts of oil for an oil change). Other than that, there is a great network of supporting Lexus dealers to service this, though you can have it serviced at your Toyota garage for cheaper (same stuff, really).

Again I can't say enough, best car I've ever owned. Sporty when you want it to be, serene and dreamy when you need it. Driving should be an experience, not a function, and this car fulfills that so well.

Luxury and Reliability for Less
By leawoodesq

2010 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my third Lexus LS, following a 2001 and a 2004 LS 430. Honestly, the two earlier cars were much quieter, as if powered by a huge electric motor. The driver's seat was more comfortable and its cushion extended farther forward to support under my legs. (I am 6'3" tall.) Other than that, the 2010 is a much-improved car. The motor has direct injection at very high pressure and it idles like a diesel - very noisy, especially compared to the earlier two cars - but the horsepower and torque are much greater. The optional adjustments to the transmission and suspension change the character of the car, unlike in other premium cars. Reliability is a luxury in itself - this car never breaks.