Used 2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (44 reviews )

Inadequate low beams
By lawman430

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The first time I drove my 2006 LS 430 at night, I thought I did not have my headlights properly turned on.
I could not see well enough to drive over 30 mph.
When I called the dealer the technition mentioned that I was the third person that week to make the same complaint so I left it for diagnosis.
Result- "no problem, "everything checked out to specs."
When I pushed the saftey issue, I basically got a shrug and was told that the headlight system takes a while to get used to.
I got caught in a rainstorm on the interstate last night and had to slow down to 35 mph.
I could not see anything but other cars were passing by with no problem.
Anyone else?

Headlights
By Barbara

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I find the headlights dangerous. They cast a shadow and it is difficult to see the road when the road is unlit. The dealership says they cannot be adjusted. I'm very disappointed that such an expensive car could have such a bad defect.

The bluetooth is awesome!

Have a fix for the headlights.GPS is not useful. Must take my Garmin when I go to unfamiliar places.

Dealer won't take insurance for 10k mice!
By V12COUPE

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The car is pretty, quick, very flashy with the 18" chrome alloys and gold paint, mileage in city for me 11-12 mpg. Mice got into the interior ate the leather! $10,000 to replace! dealer said they won't deal with insurance companies! what? $64k on a top line car and this? they should have said that on purchase day and I never would have purchased it! I have a 91 bmw 850 cherry so this cars power and stability to me isn't great!

Levinson sounds, auto/manual trans rear shades auto, parking sensors, moonroof, big trunk with cool net! dual climate and both seats too! best lights I ever saw! move in turns! cup holders!

Dealer services, door guards?

Simply great
By Jim T

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned quite a few cars, about 19, including a couple of Q45's and BMW 741iL and this one takes the title. The BMW was junk, the infiniti's nice but not at this level. Only drawbacks, are drivers seat is so-so and has a cassette deck ( which I knew when I bought, no mp3) and the nav system is outdated, even for an 06. Otherwise, wow, what a ride and problem free for the past 23,000 miles having bought this new. It really does live up to its reputation, fun to drive, good performance when you step on it, and smooth as silk. Even my teenage daughters want to drive it, so the kewl factor survives, once you get into it.

Sound system is great, AC works like a dream and tons of room. A great touring car, quite, comfortable and surprisingly good mpg on hwy on cruise, can get 24 mpg, sometimes 25, around town avg about 18 day to day.

The cassette has to go, for an 06 that is embarrassing, needs and MP3, and the nav system looks horrible, had an 06 300c that was twice that system, expected more from Lexus on that. The voice activation I still have not figured out and the salesman gave up on it, so don't hold your breath.

Driver's Seat is Fabulously Comfortable
By John

2006 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think kwahaus review is way off the mark. If you can't be comfortable in the Lexus 430 driver's seat you won't be comfortable in ANY car seat! The adjustment possibilities are endless. Those seats are absolutely perfect for me and for my passengers.

Comfort and reliability cannot be beaten.

None. The interior is great.