Used 2016 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:

Lexus...buy it for looks buy it to last..
By Eric

2016 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2017 Lexus GX 460 (V8 4x4) as I simply wanted a vehicle to work, be reliable and look great doing it whilst holding it's value. I can not believe the few whiny, sniveling folks who have complained about nothingness (e.g): "not the best fuel economy" - if 15 to 20+ mpg is bad to you, then you can not afford this excellent vehicle anyway. -Eric (from Coeur d'Alene)

The Ultimate SUV
By First Lexus

2016 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The GX is amazing! After two years of ownership, I continue to be pleased. Everything is great, and love the rear control A/C and heat, styling, and the feel and quietness of the drive. I do wish the rear camera was better, but that isn’t a big deal, it works. My only complaint is that I wish it gave more warning when low on fuel, seems to just pop up all the sudden. Everything looks and works great, no regrets here!

Love this car!
By 13414114

2016 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We've had this Lexus for around a year now and it's been great! Very reliable, and nice styling. We chose this over the 4Runner because of more luxury options and better exterior styling. I wish we had the second row captain's chairs, but that's only on higher trims. It's overall a very nice car. We've taken it on a long road trip and it was great. Rear entertainment is a great feature, too. You can't go wrong!

What an expensive mistake!!
By AL

2016 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I use my 2016 Lexus GX 460 all day every day and I am reminded of how much I regret my purchase. My only consolation is the smooth ride and it ends there. The GPS is not accurate, telling you "you have arrived" if you are in the vicinity. I do not expect the GPS to drop me off at the exact location, but at least bring me to the right street. Also when you are "close enough" in their opinion, it tells you to "look at the the map". I am not new to GPS cars and this is the worst I've ever used. Even the Ford Focus car rental GPS is way better. I find myself using my phone to navigate which is counter productive considering I supposedly have a GPS in the car. Another concern is you have to press the screen 4x to just get air conditioning, adjust the amount of air, or change direction of air. This is a hazard when driving. The Apps also do not work. I cannot even use the Pandora and always get a "tether error." How can Lexus make electronics so complicated than what they should be? Their engineers should test drive and use their electronics to experience the pain of using it. Horrible!!!!!

Lexus still can't get technology and support down!
By Donald McNatty

2016 Lexus GX 460 Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd GX 460. I love how it drives and handles. When my 2012 came off lease I went to another brand because Lexus was not keeping up with the technology such as remote start, adaptable cruise control, integration with smart phones... But shortly after getting my wife her 5th RX I checked out the advances in the 2017 GX technology and appeared they'd done a good job catching up, so I pulled the pin on a 2017 in Dec 2016 and everything was great until March. I've got Lexus Technology Support on "speed dial" I've talked to them so much. Enform remote just refuses to work. Started out as "system upgrade issue" and went down hill from there. Three times I've been told that they have to "create a special ticket to resolve my issue and someone will contact me in 24-48 hrs". NEVER HAPPENED! Even the local dealer tech guy has been frustrated in trying to help me out. You would think that a company that builds great cars, has great dealers (I've bought 7 Lexus's since 2000), would be able to roll out a technology upgrade without screwing it up. Check out the user reviews at http://lexus-enform-app-suite.appstor.io/app-reviews.