Used 2001 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used GS 300 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

2001 Lexus GS 300

2001 Lexus GS 300, 03/26/2008
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have been driving this car for 4 years and there are no issues whatsoever just regular maint. Very quiet ride inside the car, they used top materials to build it. Very impressed and don't want to sell. Definitely would buy again.

Old Faithful

AtlantaSpeeder, 07/17/2017
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my GS 300 almost 7 years. It has been an extremely reliable car, and one of the most dependable cars I've ever owned in my whole life. Mine now has 112,600 miles on it. The interior quality is excellent; my car still looks relatively new and rather modern on the inside. Its a little bit cramped in the cabin--especially if you're tall. Its almost like driving a roller coaster seat--very snug and tight. This car is really ideal for people under 5'8". I have one of the less common models that features a GPS system, which was rare in 2001. STILL WORKS, although getting an update can be tricky for such an old system. Performance is not super fast, but this car hugs the road. Body roll is nonexistent in this thing. Exterior appearance still turns heads. This body still is 20 years old, but its still striking. The engine is a gladiator. Premium fuel is required so its not a gas saver at all, and that's one of the car's few cons. Consistent, predictable, and absolutely reliable. If you get one that's been taken care of, it'll be hard for you to ever consider selling it.

Pre-Owned Perfection

Lorraine, 08/02/2017
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in 2005 with ;58,009 miles on it. Have only had ONE repair, under $200, just last year. Kept up annual maintenance, oil changes, etc. and have had normal replacement of battery and tires. Car is now almost 17 years old and the styling has held. I'm just now needing some exhaust work but I've had a long run with no work needed. Would buy this car again with less milage (128,500 now).

Ad
Build Your LS 500
At a Glance:
  • $76,000starting MSRP

NICE CAR BUT

RHPCPA, 12/27/2003
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

REALLY LIKED THE CAR AFTER DRIVING LINCOLNS FOR SEVERAL YEARS. BUT I HAVE HAD IT IN THE SH0P FOR FOUR PROBLEMS. NONE SERIOUS(I.E. RADIO WENT OUT, DIMMING SWITCH WENT OUT, BATTERY DIED. REAR VIEW MIRROR BROKE. DEALERSHIP FIXED ALL BUT DISAPPOINTED THAT I HAD TO TAKE IT IN SEVERAL TIMES.

Best Car

TJS, 06/03/2006
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've ever owned, not perfect but very good. Runs great - no problems, great road car. I have a problem with the straight six engine, I would like a V-6. Truthfully, I didn't know it was a straight six but its the Solara engine. It is fine but I prefer v-6s and V-8s as a personal thing.

12345...7