Used 1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

22 years old when sold
By Diane Cartwright

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Lexus is the epitome of elegance, reliability, class, comfort and a joy to drive. It is supremely quiet, always reliable and if you're in a tight traffic pinch just kick off the overdrive and you're up to 80 in seconds. Bye, bye, traffic jam, only lights fading in your rear view mirror.

I've had my Lexus GS 300 since 1994 and still love it. I'm only now considering another Lexus. I'll never deviate from the best. Who would?

After changing lifestyle, lots of interstate travel with my 3 little dogs, I bought another Lexus. This time it's an RX 350. It's larger than I'm accustomed to but it's beautiful, gets satisfactory 22 miles per gallon. But, I do miss my GS 300 and am considering downsizing to a sedan again, most likely a hybrid Lexus or Prius.

Why did I sell? In addition to needing a larger car at the time, I took my GS 300 in to a different factory certified repair shop for an oil change and service. What a car killing mistake! They said they found multiple problems, which I seriously doubt, allegedly replaced multiple gaskets and hoses totally more than $2,000. Afterward, my beloved car ran horribly, made loud noises, was rough. I took it back and they said they forgot to attach a hose and couldn't find supports for the engine which they had removed. I was so deeply disappointed that I sold the car with all the records intact. Lesson learned: If you find a great shop and mechanic you trust, don't deviate, even if you have to travel 100 miles to your home town which I should have done.

Lexus is my go-to brand and it is doubtful I will ever change even if tariffs are out of reach.

Will Miss My Dear GS300
By shavonnem79

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just said fair well to my dear gs300. I didnt have it that long,maybe a little over one year. The car gave me issues but the previous owner didnt take good care of it. I bought it for 1400 and had to put 3000 of work into it,ever penny was worth it. I loved driving it! I loved the design of the interior and exterior. Even though there were some issues under the hood my dear gs never left me stranded. If you have one of these,take good care of it, I will miss this car! Excellent vehicle!!! kudos toyota/lexus

design. sexy tail light!

Mod it!
By GenChan

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

For you idiots who read this, I just want to say that this car has potential with that 2JZ engine. Do a JDM swap if ya'll are crying about power because there is a way to twin turbo it. Plus, if you want to NIP out the car, there are plenty of modifications for it, even making it 6 speed manual tranny if you like. The engine has been tested to push out with hp in the 900 range. Its too easy, you do the MATH!

The potential from this JZS147 is the 2JZ engine which is the same power plant as the Toyota Mark IV Supra. NUFF SAID!

It would be nice if people would quit crying about power. God, do an engine SWAP! Still the same 2JZ engine, just different block.

I LOVE this car!!
By gelbob

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 215000 miles this car still runs like a champ. I will definitely go with Lexus again. Yes, it is expensive on repairs, but worth it in longevity.

Sleek looking, coming and going.

Lumbar support needs a little tweaking.

Not that reliable
By B

1994 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 130 miles now it has 175 and it's given me problems, water pump replaced, radiator, fix the timing, brakes, tires, 2 window motors, major transmission problem, check engine light is on. Since I had this car it's been parked a couple of times for 2 to 5 months at a time. It's hard to fix and expensive too. By the way we do change the oil often and try to keep up with it. This car cost us $6.200 but with all the repairs we done to it cost us well over $10.000

well it looks stylish, it has a 12 cd player.

not really mine was just a lemon