Used 2019 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews

Used ES 350 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Dont bother!

Sal, 04/11/2019
Ultra Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Cheap materials. Cheap sound system. The center console looks extra cheap. does not belong in a 55k car. Touchpad is horrible to use. Not a lot of space or storage areas up front. Not really impressed with the quietness of the car, maybe its the cheap tires the car came with. Transmission is not smooth, shifts rough. I have loud cracking and popping sounds coming from the rear doors. The misaligned body panels and gaps is unbelievable. Lexus quality and customer satisfaction is no more. My RX 350 that I got rid of after a year had exhaust vibration and droning and transmission issues that Lexus wouldn't fix and is a common problem with that car. Everything about this car is cheap except the price. Look elsewhere!

Sound system is terrible!

Al, 03/15/2019
Ultra Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

The sound system in this car is absolutely terrible. No sound from rear speakers make surround sound impossible. Grace note cover art does not function unless car is in park. Lexus refuses to address the issue saying car is functioning as designed.

Beware of Stereo (even the upgraded one)

VeryUnhappyCustomer, 12/27/2018
Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We purchased this car without having had an opportunity to listen to the stereo (long story). Unfortunately, even with the upgraded stereo it is absolutely un-listenable at low or normal conversational volume levels. There is no sound coming from the back speakers - everything sounds like it is coming from the center dash speaker only. Now you may be thinking: "you need to adjust the fader and balance". No go. Even adjusting the fader all the way to the back and the right, the sounds will still sound to the driver like it is coming directly from the front center speaker and is terribly disorienting. There are multiple threads online of people with similar problems. It isn't clear to me if this is a hit and miss issue on these cars, or if it impacts them all. But what is clear, is that our Lexus dealer was unwilling to do anything about it, despite having come back with the car within the first few business hours of driving it off the lot. Here is just one of the several forums where people are discussing the issue: https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/issues-with-2019-lexus-es-350-stock-audio-system.4819/

Worst stereo I have ever owned in a car.

NY Rick, 03/16/2019
Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

As others have noted, there is no way to adjust the rear speakers to provide decent sound. The fade option is a joke. You essentially get the sound from the front speakers - just like I did on my 1960 Plymouth. Never dawned on me to "test drive" the speakers. Had I done so, I would never have bought this car. It would have been a deal breaker. I should also mention that the touchpad on the info system is a disaster waiting to happen. It is impossible to use the damned thing without taking your eyes off the road for far too long a period. I hope Lexus has adequate insurance so that when owners start causing accidents due to not paying attention to the road, it can pay off the inevitable claims. I am surprised that the US government allows this car to be sold with that system. Otherwise, the 2019 model is a huge improvement over my 2014 model. Quieter, more comfortable, sportier to drive, faster and just plain better in every way, other than the 2 major concerns I have mentioned. When I reported the radio issue to Lexus the week after I bought it, I was told that the system was designed to work exactly as mine does. How Lexus thought this was the way to go is a puzzlement. Update after owning car for 14 months - nothing has changed my initial evaluation. Car handles exactly like a Lexus would be expected to perform. Very quite, Very comfortable, but unexciting. However my issues with the sound from the entertainment system and the dangerously distracting touch pad not only remain, but have become even more infuriating the longer I drive this car. I detest (is that a strong enough word for you?) the speakers. I listen to music whenever I am in the car and the awful sound is a daily reminder how much I hate this car. I was seriously considering dumping it and taking a loss, but in light of the financial collapse due to Covid, that is no longer an option. And I continue to hope that others who own this model do as I do and simply stop using the built in distraction device called the touchpad, because I fear that someone in a similar model is going to cross a double line and kill my family. Most states have laws against “distracted driving”, but no one seems to address the fact that looking down to use the touchpad is not much different from texting while driving,

Poor sound system

Scott, 01/21/2019
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Other than the sound system, this is a great car. Noticed early on that there was no sound coming from the rear speakers. Took the car in to the dealer. They agreed that the system is not working. They pulled an identical car off the lot. Same issue. They told me that they have written a report, sent it to Lexus (which begins the recall process), and that I now have to sit and wait.

12345...17