Used 2000 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (34 reviews )

An older Lexus but it's been a good one!
By Denise

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Can't complain about my 2000 Lexus. It's been a great investment. It has been in the shop 3 times in it's life. Twice to different dealers to figure out why the check engine light stays on (neither dealership could pick up a reason for this and I still check it to make sure it's not on for some real reason - always no concern). And once for meeting with a deer on a country road. It has had ZERO mechanical issues. All I do is maintenance and even then I let that slide a little longer than it deserves. It has 180k miles and still going strong. The paint is perfect, all the mechanisms work perfect (window motors, sunroof, etc.) the seats are cream colored and shockingly even they are in great shape and don't look abused or dirty. No rips, no tears. That car drives on dirt ranch roads, lots of highway miles too. In it's old age I hear more wind noise than I used to but the road noise is still dampened unless I'm on some really poorly surfaced road. Great value for your money.

My LEXUS LOVE
By Che'ri Kaina

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

My Lexus Love is a beautiful great running car and great looking car. I'm the 2nd owner, which is a great thing. The man I bought it from was a x marine who well maintained her Lexus Love. I have all the paper work of almost every oil change tune up etc. He took very very good care of her. There is not one dent on the exterior. And the inside is really clean and has been well cared for also. I wash her like 2 times a week wax and shine the inside almost Dailey. Everything is perfect about her. The only one draw back out of the whole entire car is it has factory stereo, and I'm a real music lover. So if I was to keep her. A new DVD kine stereo is a must. That's my preference though. For now I have an adapter, I hook it up to my phone and it sounds LOUD AND SOUNDS GREAT. HAS BOSS SPEAKERS, MAYB THATS Y. AND TOO JUST RECENTLY HAD WINDOWS TINTED. ONLY HAVE HAD CAR SENSE JUNE. SHE REALLY IS A GEM. DOESNT EVEN LOOK LIKE A 2000. MY LEXUS LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL WITH PLENTY ALOHA, MAHALOS,

Best car I ever bought
By Paul Peldyak

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Look for the "Platinum Edition" (in conjunction with an offer from American Express in 2000). It is a world of value!

Lexi
By Dave Adkins

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Just purchased this car with 180,000 miles and short of the clunky struts and wind noise above 60 it is like driving a marshmellow dream. Decent acceleration if you can wait for it. marginal handling on corners but dreamy smooth almost everywhere else.

Did I mention how awful the cupholders are - talking awful !
If I can figure out how to install an audio input I will like it even more

Best car iv owned
By kempboy

2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Iv owned this car for about 3 months now and it is great the car is realiable and is very fun to drive. it accelerates quick when it needs to and is great when driving on long trips with the leather seats. Stereo system is great good tone and bass favorite part of the car is the mpg. i luxury car that gets 22MPG in the city ill take it!

Leather, Sunroof, V6, Steering, Acceleration, Ride, Noise level, EVERYTHING!

NONE GREAT CAR