Used 2015 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Lexus CT 200h Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (10 reviews )

lexus forgot to update this car and lost an opport
By martin green

2015 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

too bad lexus could not capitalize on this platform

Driven almost 36,000 miles
By Robbie

2015 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We leased this car, love the MPG, hate to give it back next month! the seats are very comfortable for my back, which normal vehicle seats really bother my back and hurt my sciatic nerve. I drive 15 hours to my second home in this car and I find that these seats offer me wonderful support with all the various ways you can adjust it. It doesn't have the neat little pull out seat portion that the NX of the same year had, which might be a great addition to long drives. (for passenger). I love the heated seats, love the fake leather used, very luxurious feeling and easy to clean. Its absolutely great on gas and i love only putting 20 bucks in the tank. the cons to it are the "sportyness" of it I guess. It is stiff and not luxurious feeling in the suspension. you do get somewhat road noise unless you have the wonderful sound system on. the headlights are sort of odd, in that you don't get a FULL shine, it's sort of cut off, unless you have the bright lights on then it's great. I wish this had roof racks to haul a surfboard or kayak, the smooth top is very nice looking but not utilitarian. This was our first Lexus, coming off of an Audi Allroad, the Lexus has had zero issues and no recalls or anything. I like the low tire sensor, it went off one time and wouldn't go back to normal, and a check up at the deal resulted in a very clean washed car and the sensor light going back to normal, at no cost. Never had to replace the tires, and only a few oil changes. We have no complaints and are going to consider another Lexus for the new vehicle.

Great vehicle especially downsizing from 2 V8's
By Successinttd

2015 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Downsized from an LS46@ & GS430. We have other , older vehicles that are very low mileage collector cars if you will. So the CT replaced/serve red many purposes. Have a 2013 . Lease is up soon. Also a 2016. Good cars. I love a luxury vehicle so I do have to say this IS aSTEP DOWN or it's a great "entry" car for the luxury market... The petro economy is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!! For what we would spend in 1 weed having the 2 older larger engine Lexi the CT has blown away as far as mileage, etc. there is NO comparison when you take a 4.3-5.0 liter engine to this TINY CT v4.. What 140 hp!!! As a daily drive tho...l with 18k one 1 & 12k on another we average 44 mpg and that's between a combination of both we have in FL & New England with sport mode and the VSP and TCS options it can preforme. Do NOTnhave the navigation as we are all iPod/IPad run lives. So it works for us! Technically difficulties regarding the remote start feature/app with some years. Leatherette is ok BUT is much better and so much easier to maintain than the real leather of our other Lexi. Everyone has their open but for daily, city/ short time driving... I'd rather get this car & have a new boat than have anything with a larger perhaps non hybrid engine... Toy with the idea of getting a LandCruiser or LX or GX BUT the ,petro and milege would kill me. It's ALL about compromises.

ct / Compact Touring 200h
By RJ

2015 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

September 2018: Went on a summer road trip between San Francisco and Eugene, OR. Car performed well, 40 MPG, and comfortable for 9 hours each way. The driver seat adjustments helps as we switched positions between driving and riding shotgun. Listened to audio books through the music system and the cabin noise was quiet even at 70 MPH.

1 year update March 2018: Car runs perfectly. Had two services performed by dealer. Oil change at 6 months they came to my home. At 12 months they came by to pick up car and provided a loaner anf work done in 24 hours. Really enjoying the comfortable ride, great mileage per gallon, and not having to go for gas fillup every week. Sad to hear Lexus will not continue with this model in 2018.

Reliability, durability, fit & finish, technology and 40+ mpg sold us on this over the Prius Hatchback and V models we test drove. With a 5' tall driver they couldn't reach the hatchback on the Toyotas to close them. We thought with the Lexus brand the buying and post purchase customer experience would be as positive. Rather it has been inconsistent and requires me to have follow up individually with each department. Having the Lexus Certified Pre Owned 161 point inspection, 6 complimentary services over 30 months, and the extended 78 month warranty gives us confidence to many trouble free miles and a reduced Total Cost of Ownership.

Update 9/08/17. Have had the car for over six months now and it still drives and feels like a new vehicle. Had the first of six complimentary maintenance services performed at my home. Based on the dealership's VIP program they send a Tech out to do minor service and will also provide a loaner care when major service is performed at the next 30K interval. Based on the Tech's recommendation the tires will have to be replaced in the next 6-12 months. They came with Michelin's and I'm researching whether or not to get Pirelli's or another brand. I love this customer convenience factor for service as the dealer is located over 35 miles away and with Bay Area traffic takes at least one hour or more of road time each way.

Pimped out Prius
By Barbara Little

2015 Lexus CT 200h 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The MPG probably isn't as high as 41 and you definitely have to fill up before 500 miles. I was told you wouldn't have to fill up for 500 miles and it only went 300 before the first fill up. It has a tiny gas tank and it only costs $20 to fill it up. The seats could be cushier but the interior is very nice. I am getting heat put in the seats next week for $900 (the seller paid half). The passenger door sounds tiney when you close it. Overall.... I am extremely happy with it but wanted to state the things that didn't pan out as stated. No car is perfect but for the price this car comes very close!