Used 2003 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews

HSE 4.4L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (95 reviews )

Love my truck!
By Miss Chann

2003 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I would never think of owning another vehicle! This is the best truck and the only vehicle I’ve ever felt safe driving in the winter-

The Boss
By Rod

2003 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Range Rover for about 3 years, I bought it from a rich guy for really cheap. It had 160k miles on it but was an outstanding shape. Honestly, when I purchased it - I didnt think the car would last a year based upon there reliability reputation. I have been offroading, long distance trips and have had zero issues. Regular oil changes and changed the brakes/rotors. Other than that...this has been my dream car.

Amazing .....
By Eric Walker

2003 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The rang rover is a very nice comfortable ride plenty of storage and room to go on road trips but you need to have deep pockets to keep this beautifully designed ride on the road. The tech is a bit behind and road noise is a bit much!

So they do live up to their Reputation, atleat the 03-05
By jma3

2003 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a beautiful bronze color HSE with 49k miles.
All was fine the first year until my second and third year gremlins started taking over- Please get yourself a factory or extended warranty for as long as you own this SUV.
Coolant reservoir exploded without warning and light inside cabin came on only after damage was done- coolant hoses explode.
Fuel pump, alternator, battery, thermostat, dashboard readout console, navigation, overheating, heater hose, and endless electrical issues ALL went out thru my ownership including headlamps not illuminating at times.
My RR left me stranded 4-5 times on the road.
I would only get a preowned again with a warrantly no matter the mileage.

Exterior, interior.

Reliability!

Happy with the purchase
By TBear

2003 Land Rover Range Rover HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the car used with 33,000 miles on it. Paid through the nose for an extended warranty (used some of it but, in general, it was a waste). Car costs $1000 - $2000 per year to keep in good shape. The BMW 7- series engine is fantastic and drives much better than newer HSEs with the Jaguar engine. Transmission never hunts for the right gear like the Jag engine. I replaced OEM tires with much better Goodyear HPs and the difference is amazing. Much quieter and better handling. The styling is great and the annual mechanical costs are worth it.

Handling/Speed/Comfort/Looks The HSE still looks great and its eight years old!

Some plastic coverings are peeling (seat side and window console).