Used 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Evoque model:

Worthy investment.t
By Dennis S Williams

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Parts availability lousy more than once

Excellent value when purchasing pre-owned.
By Edward

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

From my experience and from what I've read in reviews it is best purchased used with records from a private party or as a certified pre-owned from a dealership. This car gets a lot of attention and rightly so as it looks as amazing inside as it does on the outside. The car has predictably good road manners in all conditions even in snow. The Range Rover Evoque is a comfortable, reliable, well appointed road machine that offers a fun driving experience. Mine has had no issues to date. Two thumbs up!

ITS A NIGHTMARE
By ROBERT

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

While driving the vehicle I experienced a loss in engine power and it seemed to be at a very high rpm for a low speed. The vehicle would not go over 30mph and had to be driven to the shop. It was diagnosed as a blown turbo and the turbo had to be replaced. A month later the same problem. Range Rover Paramus states it needs a new engine. Not under warranty at 60,000 miles. Purchased in April. I still owe 25,000.00 and they want 11,000.00 for a new engine. Since the day it was purchased, its been in my possession for about 2 months(out 0f 7). I still dont have the car. The dealership is not assuming responsibility.Have had to contact the attorney general, BBB, and 7 On Your Side

Potential Buyer Beware. Please Read.
By Regina Carver

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Prestige Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I purchased a brand new vehicle from this dealership, and unbeknownst to me, the vehicle has a faulty, defective and unsafe transmission. The vehicle is a Range Rover, Evoque. The dealership replaced the transmission with less than 10,000 miles on the vehicle. I wish this was where the story ends. The problem was not resolved. The same issues of jerking into gear persisted. This is scary!! After the vehicle was returned to me on a couple of occasions, the problem was even worse!! While under warranty, this dealership told me there was nothing else they could do to repair the vehicle, knowing the problem was unresolved. I was given no recourse on what could be done to rectify the problem. Unbelievable!

Update: 05/27/18
I reached out to the CEO, Ralf Speth, no response from him. As early as March, 2018, this manufacturer had a rating of ‘No Rating’ by the Better Business Bureau. This business is not BBB accredited. As in my case, the company did not respond and my case was closed and noted as such. And at that time in March, it was posted that the business was in the process of responding to previously closed cases. Their rating was changed to ‘B-‘, they were unable to resolve issues and did not respond in others. In my opinion, do not be misled by the shiny object and purported reputation. In my experience, this is a very unethical company. Yes, things may go wrong with a vehicle. But be advised, you may not receive the expected treatment that is comparable to the situation with this company. I have a useless vehicle and the only way to get only part of my money back is to sign a falsely stated proposed settlement that was offered. If you would like to follow this true story, you can check out my blog at: https://myvehicleexperience.com. I recently discovered that this company sold over 22,000 vehicles with a defective transmission. It is outlined in the aforementioned blog. However, they do not participate in the Consumer Report Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey. I will cover their response as to why they do not participate in a later blog post.

A car purchase is one of the primary purchases one will make in this lifetime. Please, please do your research.

Days later, I contacted the dealership to ask what could be done, since the problem still existed and the vehicle is under warranty. With my persistence, I was told that I need to contact the corporate office. Even though later I learned that this is not their normal protocol. Normally when they cannot resolve an issue, the dealership will contact the corporate office for guidance. That did not happen in my case.

Long story short, the corporate office has offered nothing but a proposed agreement that does not address the issues they promised to address. So I am still in possession of a defective vehicle which is still under warranty.

I would not recommend purchasing a vehicle from this dealership or company. I would have never in a million years expected this type of situation, dealing with a luxury car dealership or company. It’s not only that the vehicle is defective, it’s the process that is being used to resolve this issue. This nightmare could happen to you. Don’t take any chances. Use your power of choice and do your research to support your choice. A vehicle is one of the largest purchases one makes, and you do not want to have it coupled with such an unpleasant experience.

Great suv
By Pablo

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Great SUV for that people looking for good performance and luxury in a small compact SUV. It have power under the hood with the turbo charger!!