Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

love my LR2
By gerd Budden

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I leased the car Sept 07 and drive about 15k a year. We had a lot of snow this winter in Oregon. the 4-wheel drive system is outstanding. often I was the only driver in my family, could go everywhere. there are no blind spots, the finishing is superb. this is a quality car that pleases. I took some trips and got up to 26.9 miles on the freeway. I give it a 10

The in-line 6 cylinder engine has plenty of power. Haldex coupling system instantly transfers power from side to side, front to rear. Navigation and bluetooth work easy and intuitive. Sound system great.

Try to add a diesel engine into the mix.

Worst Car I Ever Bought
By Kerstin

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 2nd Land Rover I've purchased. I had a 2006 LR3 and should have known better but figured the 2nd one couldn't be as bad as the first one. Wrong! The car was beautiful, orange, black leather, loaded. It was in for repairs more than I had it. I had some serious electrical issues that the dealer was unable to diagnose. Once the car stalled at a traffic light and I had to coast out of a major intersection. I only kept the car 6 months. It was not reliable and I worried constantly about being stranded in it. Never knew if it would start up or die on me. Only got 18mpg! (when it was running!)

Color

Buy a different car.

Love my LR2
By Nick S

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my LR2 SE in October 2007 as a winter vehicle to get me around while in graduate school. I looked at Nissan Pathfinders, and a few other SUV's in the mid $30K price range. The test drive sold me on the LR2, and I couldn't be happier. It's a great car. Fantastic on road trips, and very easy to drive. The seats are very comfortable, and while it's not a tiny SUV, it's not huge either. Enough space to carry whatever I need, and compact enought to drive in town every day. In bad weather, it gets an A+. The snow terrain response setting is phenomenal, as are the headlights and nav.

Visibility is great. Good navigation system, great sound, very comfortable seats. Dual sunroofs are nice. Styling is great in my opinion. The girlfriend loves the heated seats which get really hot. Just a smartly designed car.

Gas mileage in town is pretty bad. Center console could be a little nicer.

The worst car I've ever had
By julie

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a joke. The battery died after 1 year as did the brakes ($1100 later) I need new tires at a cost of $1200. For the better part of leasing this car I had trouble starting it. I just returned again from the dealership yesterday and it stalled in the parking lot and now a new problem my driver window is no longer working. I really give up. I am putting a sign on this car to advise all never to own a Land Rover.

None

None

1st car bought outside the "big" 3
By ccaparelli

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee's and a Ford Explorer, this was the first SUV I've owned outside of the "Big" 3. Needless to say, I have been extremely pleased with my LR2 so far. I've put just under 7,000 miles on it and have averaged 18 mpg city and 23/24 mpg highway, using standard fuel (87 oct) with no noticeable pinging/knocking. The interior may not be as pretty as a BMW, but it is very practically designed. Vision from the drivers seat is fantastic,very few blind spots. The nav system is very interactive and works great, and the sound system, although a little light on bass, is very good. Acceleration is a bit sluggish, but it's an SUV with good fuel economy, not a corvette

In grass/gravel/snow mode, the SUV handles fantastic in snow and on ice. Responsive steering. Auto up/down windows and front/rear foglamps are nice. Good cargo space for a compact SUV (4 golf bags just barely fit). Exterior styling is great, I get plenty of compliments! Overall, it is fantastic!

Big front brake rotors provide plenty of stopping power but generate tons of brake dust. Moonroof looks big but doesn't open very far. Poor call quality on bluetooth system compared to my Jeep with same phone/service. Little interior storage, but lets be honest, those usually just collect junk.