Used 2002 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Spectra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Been a great little car

libertyswanson, 03/23/2012

I bought my 2002 Kia Spectra in 2006 with 60k miles on it. It now has over 220k. Most of the work as been regular maintenance. I just put in a new head gasket and my clutch is starting to pop. It has been great in the snow (I drive a 100 miles a day in Colorado). And has always started. I've replaced the alternator (no big deal), scheduled timing belts, and front wheel bearings. The back struts are gone and there are a lot of rattles developing. The arm rest is very uncomfortable and my wife hates the seats. But it has been very very dependable. Gas mileage right now is about 35 to 38 mpg. I'm moving up in car class, but have daughter turning 16 and it will be a good first car for her.

Great Small car but can be pricey

Benjamin, 08/11/2010

Recently i bought my 2002 Kia Spectra, so far its been a great little car and even with a 153,000 miles on it it still has a lot of its kick still in it, cant burn out but it tries like hell to, but the only things i have had to done lately is servicing when bought the car it had no air filter and the spark plugs were bad so changed all that and it seemed like it had a new life in it, but recently the front right tire seemed like it was going to fall off due to a tire shop so i had to spend 500 dollars to get all that fixed but ever since then best little car i ever owned and gas mileage is great get a 100 miles to a forth of a tank plus it tries to be sporty at times.

Electrical problems of the 2002 Kia Spectra

charlesg56, 10/08/2012

It has low beam head lights that do not work often. Power windows that blow fuses or fail for some other reason and a check engine light that never goes out.

Son's second car

alshoe, 12/12/2011

Purchased our 2002 Spectra 11/23/2011 for our son. Our son had a 2002 Saturn SL that was totaled in a accident. This Kia is very much like his Saturn, a basic car, no power windows, door locks or cruise control. Body has some dings and scratches but overall paint, body and interior in very good condition. Never owned a Kia, but good experience at Kia dealership. Clock was not working so they will replace it at no additional cost to me. I also purchased a two year warranty to cover all major components.

Kia Crappia

Jay Walker, 04/07/2002

This is the worst car in the world, even worse than Jeeps. It gives the driver a poor feeling, and makes him wonder when it'll break down again. All the features are the bare minimum in quality and it is the ugliest car in the world. Please, KIA, get rid of this car...it is terrible.

12345...12