2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$33,590

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Trading Places

감사합니다, 02/18/2021
EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Roomy, tech-loaded, efficient, and safe. My first hybrid, but third Kia product. After having some (relatively) trouble-free products, I decided to try another one from Kia. So far, so good. I had to get used to a car that does not make any sound or vibrant but it has been good. For it's size, I get good fuel economy. The best (and sometimes worst) features are the car nannies. Even though I cut them off most of the time, when I use them, they work spectacularly well together. Think of it like Tesla Autopilot-lite. Adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, active steering assist, and frontal collision mitigation pretty much drive for you!!

So far so good

Mark, 03/25/2021
EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought the Sorento after researching mid size SUV'S. Can't beat the price for the Kia warranty and the amenities that come with it. We got the hybrid and are more than happy with the mileage. My kids love the panoramic sunroof! With the 3rd row seats down (which they will be 99% of the time) there is plenty of cargo room and the rear seats have enough leg and head room for somebody over 6' tall. My only complaints at this time would be that the infotainment system has not been easy to connect my android phone to. Seems like I'm jumping thru a lot of hoops to get connected and navigate all of the screens. My other complaint would be the backup beeping. You cannot turn it down or off!! I understand the reasoning behind it, but think that it's unnecessary. My Dodge Durango is very quiet when it's running and doesn't need a backing beep so I don't buy the idea that an EV needs to make noise to warn people it's moving. And if it is necessary, why is the speaker in the grill, facing forward, and not in the rear bumper? We have only had it for two months now but so far, so good.

Large luxury with 40mpg

Jeffrey Swayngim, 03/21/2021
EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

This big SUV has everything a vehicle can (except ventilated seats). The seats are incredibly comfortable, the performance matches that of a V6, the cargo capacity it astronomically large, the technology is top notch, the driving assistance does all but stop for gas, and most importantly, the gas mileage is unbelievable. I’m getting 40mpg in the city with a large luxury SUV. I love the panoramic roof, and parking is a breeze with the back up camera and front and rear parking sensors. This car has every feature you can search for in a car that doesn’t cost $75k or more, is absolutely gorgeous, and it does all this with the best auto warranty in the industry.

5 out of 5 stars

Great bang for your buck

A. Trotochaud, 07/28/2021
S 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

First and foremost this has been a great vehicle and even though I am writing this after only driving less than 2000 miles I thought I would give my first impressions. The handling and acceleration are impressive for a vehicle of this size when in "sport" mode and the mileage is "wowing" those that I talk with averaging around 40 mpg. There are so many convenience and safety features that come with the "S" trim that I purchased such as heated front seats and remote start. I know what you are thinking, "What's missing?" My wife will tell you that she wishes the front seats were a little more "plush" and that the passenger seat had more adjustments but I did reminder her that to get that you would be looking at much more expensive brands/models of vehicles. This is replacing my 2008 Kia Sedona and one thing I noticed is that the amount of storage room is less but the hybrid drivetrain has more than doubled my fuel economy yet I still have seating for six so it is something that I will learn to live with. The only feature that I wish it had was active cruise control but I realize I could have moved up the trim-line for that feature and did not feel the cost was worth it. Overall I am very happy with the vehicle. I plan on driving it for many years to come and if gas prices continue to rise I feel that the Hybrid will continue to pay off in the long run.

In love!!

Claudia Martinez , 06/18/2021
EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 6A)

The first time with Kia and Hybrid, the best is the savings on fuel and not noise. Only complain the computer breaks after 1 week, due to some system wiring thing, this means my blind side is not working and the part still hasn't arrived yet. Other than that is a good car and the perfect size. For Kia is been a great improvement.