2018 Kia Niro Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Kia Niro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Niro model:

niro is my hero
By mike p

2018 Kia Niro LX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

it's not fast. in fact from a stop light you wont beat anyone. im 52, its plenty peppy for me. took it too nashville tn. (frm nyc) first week and a steady 82 mph is easy, no noise. super comfortable, for both front passengers. you need a smart phone with minimum 6.0 platform for the linkup navigation, google music. tech is very advanced. nav is very good, voice command music is still a challenge to get right. dont know if its googles or kias fault. brakes need a good mash for stopping, spongier than any car ive owned. mpg is 50ish local and 47 on long hiway trips. i like this car. my first hybrid. serviced today and there were 3 recalls, all repaired. brakes, hybrid motor, wire harness. this may be a concern to some. my dealership and service dept are very friendly. id buy a kia again.

No regrets!
By David Dullman

2018 Kia Niro Touring 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

We have only put on 1000 miles to date. Kia thought of everything and we are really enjoying the comfort and gas mileage. I am totally impressed with the headlights...you can see EVERyTHING ahead and at the sides of the roadway and the back up camera is impressive both during the day and more so at night! My wife feels so much more confident changing lanes with the "blind spot" feature. This is our second Kia and we are thrilled.