2017 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Problems
By Steve

2017 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2017 Kia forte. I have read about transmission problem and missing problems. I had these problems as well. My car has 78000 miles on it. I am a lift driver that is the reason I have so many miles on it. Anyways I don't know if this will help anyone. But I took it to the dealer and was told I needed a three point fuel claening. Had that done witch I am Shure I needed anyways. I changed the spark plugs witch looked real bad. Still trans and shaking continue. Kia kept checking into it. They told me it was the upper right hand motor mount. I still didn't think this would solve the problem. Went and picked up a motor mount and had it put in as a result it solved all the shaking and the transmission is fine. The car is running as the day in took it off the lot. Very happy. Thanks to Jack at Lincolnwood Kia. Hope this review is helpful to someone 😁

Suprisingly good car
By Dan Davis

2017 Kia Forte S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've been traveling a great deal and this is one of my favorite small rental cars. Electronics/entertainment with the upgraded S model are great, with a very functional Apple CarPlay. Climate controls are simple and easy to use. Handling, the car has very easy turning and control. In the S trim, I felt a significant difference from the LX. This is probably due to the alloy rims and wider tires on the S vs the LX. I would definitely opt for an S if I were in the market for this type of car. It's great for non freeway roads, parking, small turning radius, things you want if you're looking for a runabout or short freeway hop vehicle. Response from the engine is good up to normal speeds, a bit sluggish once you start trying to pass people at 70+ (or around 80) as is common in larger metro areas. As the engine is not a turbo, there's no turbo lag and power delivery is very smooth. Excellent gas mileage too. Seating in small cars is usually a big deal for me, as I'm a bit overweight. However, this was very comfortable compared to other small cars. There is only one car in this category I've liked better (excluding the Accent, which is essentially the same) after driving a slew of similar vehicles from many manufacturers, and that was the Chevy Cruze. The Cruze has more power, more style, and better electronics. However, Cruze also has auto engine stop and a small displacement turbo, which may be maintenance issues in the future. It's also slightly more expensive.

#Happykiadriver
By #Happykiadriver

2017 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2017 Kia forte very happy been buying Kia’s for the past 20 years at Joe Myers.Go ask Alex.

Had problems
By George Cox

2017 Kia Forte LX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The paint on the roof was patch and faded. They offered to fix it, I had to rock the boat to get a rental. There was a lot of attitude with the managers but they agreed. The hose was loose causing the car to overheat. This car caused me inconvenience. I bought it brand new and all this occurred about 4 months. I had to lose hours at work and spend time driving it out of town to get fixed

Lemon Forte
By Joseph

2017 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this P.O.S Forte on May 27 2017 at first it was a good car then six months into owning it the car began to act funny I took it to the dealer they did nothing so a few months later it just went downhill. Some days it wouldn't accelerate good and it was not cranking right. Then on June 17 2018 the engine light came on and flashed six times which is a sign that something wasn't good. I took it to the dealer and they thought it was the ignition coils they changed them and I left the lot. An hour later the engine light came back on and I took it back wound up being the whole engine was useless. The cylinder misfire is common knowledge to KIA but they won't recall the car hopefully I will be getting rid of this car soon. I will never buy a Kia again.