Used 2010 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Kia Forte SX - From 0 - 225k Miles
By Tim C.

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Kia Forte SX Sedan with manual transmission brand new back in August 0f 2010. I had fallen on some pretty challenging financial times and owned a very unreliable used American made automobile. I shopped around heavily in attempt to find something reliable but also within my financial means to get around to work and to tote my little daughter around safely. I visited the Kia dealership in Ann Arbor, MI. They had this model sitting in the show room. I was looking for something less in cost, but they were very motivated to move out this particular vehicle due to it being a manual, which in that area was a tough sell for the market the dealership was in. I preferred owning a manual transmission, so I drove it, loved it, and the dealer worked out a great deal to help me help them. Fast forward to November of 2017 ... I have 225,000 original miles on the engine. Vehicle runs like it did the day I bought it. The body is in near mind condition with zero rust. Most amazing is that I have never had to replace the clutch or any part of the manual transmission! 225k miles with the original clutch! I've never owned a car where I had so little to repair while keeping up on basic maintenance and service. I just recently decided to hand over the keys to this wonderful ride over to my teenage daughter who I taught to drive a manual. She is new at it all, but also loves the car that she grew up riding around in. I'm not sure how many more miles that quick little Forte SX has left in it, but I'm anticipating many more safe and reliable miles to go. Hats off to Kia Motors!

Reliable
By Lee P

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a reliable inexpensive vehicle this is the one. I have 170k miles and have had any issues. It has been an excellent commuter car but not exciting.

110K miles and two kids.
By Milo

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought cheap with 40K miles in 2012, it's hauled two kids through high school and has the scars to show for it. Overall it's been the perfect car for what we needed. I do my own maintenance and find it well designed for the DIY wrench. 25MPG on our regular commutes and low 30s on the highway...I've never actually tried to get good MPG, I'm sure 35 is attainable but I'm in a hurry. Absolutely zero issues, gas, tires, oil and brake pads. Looking forward to getting 250K out of it, so far so good.

Sweet Little Car!
By Amanda Clark

2010 Kia Forte Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a great value. I have been the only owner for 6 years, 220k miles. Handles curvy roads great w/o the traction control. The traction control becomes a pain when driving curvy roads as the brake activates and locks up a wheel as your are mid turn. Other than that the acceleration is great. Has guts. Very comfortable for 4 grown adults. Have been very happy with maintenance, as good my moms Honda CRV. Really good gas mileage, I average 27-29 MPG, in the city it was up to 32 MPG! Compact size makes parking anywhere a breeze. Trunk has lots of space, even with 2- 12' Rockford's.

Best Car Every Purchased
By LMS

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in April, 2010. I have since driven it 136,000 miles. Besides the normal maintenance & wear and tear, I have not had a serious issue with this car. Not once! It has been extremely reliable. Driven from PA to NC on multiple occasions, and daily gets over 50 miles to and from work. If you are looking for a car that is reliable and cost effective, take a look at a 2010 Kia Forte. Even if high miles, I'd think this would be a great purchase. Here's to getting to 200k and having the same review!