Used 2012 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Patriot for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great SUV for the PRICE

dan_k1, 11/08/2011
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

It's only been a week since my purchase but I'm loving it all the way. Looked into Nissan Rogue, Kia, Suzuki but after test driving Patriot - I made up my mind right then.

CVT transmission probleo

Nursemom, 08/02/2020
Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The CVT transmission in earlier Patriots are awful! Transmission overheating and losing power. Complete transmission failure at 76000 miles.

Never again

Neelie Remmit, 02/12/2019
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I needed a vehicle ASAP and listened to the salesman spiel. Didnt have time to really research. Had always wanted a Jeep so I thought why not. At first everything was fine but fuel economy soon became even worse, avg 23/gal. Had to fill up every 5 days and my commute is NOT long. Interior is cheap (it literally started to fall apart like a zombie) on the inside little by little. Rear seats even when reclined are uncomfortable for both my six foot teenage son And my 11 year old daughter. Absolutely 0 leg room in the rear. Uconnect is a pain (slow and tedious to use). Trying to change my own blown light bulbs is a mess since I literally have to remove panels to change them. So much for trying to save on maintenance. Only positive thing was it was so small I could park it in some pretty cramped places. Trying to get up to speed to merge on a freeway, good luck I was stomping on the pedal. I guess the saying is true. The only good Jeep to buy is a wrangler.

My experience with Jeep

Simone Benac, 12/22/2017
Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The front drivers side seat only goes front to back. There is no seat height adjustment. The center console is too far back making it hard to access. My wipers go on when I use them to signal a turn and the dealership said they don’t know how to fix it. They couldn’t duplicate the problem!

Jeep Patriot

MB, 06/18/2020
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoyed my Jeep Patriot. Purchased new in 2012; other than basic wear replacements (brakes, struts, etc) I never had issues with my vehicle. Had for over 100k miles before I needed to replace the battery, so definitely got my money’s worth. Great for bad weather, especially with ability of switching to 4x4. Great on gas mileage as well. Speeding up while getting on highway was slower, as it’s a CVT, but I never had any problems. A vehicle lasts only as long as you take care of it; it’s capable of doing light off roaring, like going to a campsite, but not what a Wrangler can do.