Used 2012 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Patriot for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great value, totally reliable

Gary Mosteller, 07/25/2016
Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle was used as daily commuter as well as weekender for camping, fishing, car topper boating. It also serves as an RV Toad. Pound for pound it has been the most reliable, cheap to own, bang for the buck vehicles I've ever owned.

Like this Patriot

mbluefootball, 05/22/2012
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I just got a Patriot Latitude at a dealership and am really happy with it. I love that I could get a Jeep for basically less than $20,000 with a ton of equipment. 4 wheel drive is awesome and it handles really well.

Early transmission failure, buyer beware!!

Krishan, 06/06/2019
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I would not recommend the Jeep Patriot to anyone. I purchased the 2012 Patriot brand new and regularly got it serviced at my local Jeep dealership, making sure it received all the TLC it needed, never going the cheap route. Even after taking good care of the Patriot, my transmission failed at 82,000 miles...soon after I paid it off completely. 82,000 miles is way too early for a transmission to fail on any vehicle. I began doing research online and found out that it is very common to have early transmission failure in Jeeps that have the CVT transmission such as my Patriot does. I was just quoted at $6,000 for a refurbished transmission with labor by my Jeep dealership. I feel like Jeep should take care of these early transmission failure costs, especially if they occur before 100,000 miles but that’s wishful thinking. I will never purchase a Jeep again and will alway tell my friends and family to steer clear!

2012 Patriot 4x2 Latitude - Altitude Edition

bmckeeman, 01/13/2013
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have been considering purchasing a Patriot since they first came out, and since then they have made tons of improvements! I test drove a 2010 did not like it enough to make the commitment. My last vehicle was an 03 Corolla, so it was quite a change for me. I wanted a car with lots of cargo space and decent mileage, so I looked at some smaller cars like the Fit, Impreza, and XV Crosstrek. I found the Patriot to be the best combo of style, utility, mileage for my tastes. I have wanted a Jeep ever since I was a kid, and the Patriot delivers! I finally chose a White Altitude Edition, which is an amazing color combo! LOVE my Pat!

Comfy but no AC

Dino, 03/29/2017
Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

pros: Good speed when passing and has a good look, The vehicle gives you pride, and seems to hold more than the average. For an SUV that's important... Cons: Slow from the start to accelerate, so if you need speed in a hurry you won't have it, not in a 2.4. Also, this vehicle is not equipped with A/C turns out NONE of the basic patriots are, it's a dealer option! So if you add it,. expect $4000 or more. The maintenance costs outdo a Camaro, $1500 for brakes, struts and shocks.. another $700 for tires! You can goto tire rack and get the cheaper ones if so desired at $70.00 a tire, the Chevy Camaro outdoes this by $60.00 a tire. If I had to buy it all over again, I never would without the A/C. This vehicle has a USB port, but inside the glove box and at an odd angle...! If you drive with just the front windows down you get an annoying "helicopter" sound that is relieved when you crack the back windows a hair. Overall this was poorly designed, for what otherwise would seem to be a great economical vehicle. I get 1-24 MPG regularly and this is my work vehicle so it has adequate room for all of your essentials plus 5 passengers.