Used 2012 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Patriot for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Surprisingly Jeep-like! But...incredibly comfortable.

wrightonman, 12/03/2012
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I reluctantly and sullenly bought the Patriot over a year ago. With a growing family, full sized dog & insane gas prices, I traded in my Wrangler with resent...the poor Patriot didn't have a chance. I hated it before I even set foot in the Jeep dealership-lol I was 100% wrong. I honestly cannot say anything bad about this vehicle. I really like it! I grew up with a CJ5 as our "family" car, I have no idea how my parents managed that!?! My favorite Jeep product I ever owned was a 1988 Cherokee & the sweet little Patriot comes darn close to that Cherokee in looks and solid feel. Performance is far better, off-roading...well, I'm older now & seldom hit the trails. Great little 4X4Xme.

Best SUV Deal in the USA

lameduck9, 11/12/2012
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have 2k miles on my Patriot Sport 4WD CVT and I am very happy with it. Some reviews state that it lacks power. I have no problem with the acceleration but I am no jack rabbit starter. The CVT(tranny) takes a little getting use to but is fine after you do. It is a stick/auto so you can up/down shift it at will through 6 speeds. I get 26mpg highway w/o the A/C, 20 in the city. I don't go 4-wheeling but have gone over rough terrain at camp and it is fine for that. I'm sure it is going to good in the snow in the coming winters. I ended up paying $19.5k after discounts/incentives/bargining the MSRP was $22.5. I recommended this car.

jeep, back in the game.

jeepers20, 05/06/2012
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

2012 patriot, smooth ride, quiet engine, nice head room , nice cargo space.. a big difference in the jeep line..

Good, inexpensive 4WD wagon

x_defector, 09/12/2012
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My Patriot is a 2.4 Latitude 4x4 but with a manual trans and not a CVT (something the Jeep site says shouldn't exist). There is lots to like here: the size is right, the price is low, the feature content is high for the price, the interior is roomy and comfortable, visibility is excellent, its quiet, the seats are great, the ride and handling balance is very good, and the 4WD system works well and has a locking center diff. I love the simplicity of the interior although the materials could be better, but they look long-wearing. Plenty of cargo room in reality. Looks far better than the soap-bar competetion and remains a true 4WD station wagon. For someone like me, a solid choice.

true utility vehicle

ledwic, 08/25/2012
Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Jeep patriot sport 4cyl 2wd. Im in agricultural sales, so I dont drive all highway. I drive pastures, dirt road, highway and city. This Jeep is my office. Its my first Jeep to ever own. Its also my first small car to ever own. I had to buy this for work. I drive a 3/4 ton truck otherwise. The fuel mileage is great (27mpg on average). Bought new for a great price. Have put over 10000 miles on in less than 3 months. It drives great over all kinds of terrain (highway, city, dirt roads, and pasture). It performs like u would hope a Jeep would. For a small SUV it has plenty of room to haul many kinds of items. I am truly surprised to be happy with this car