Used 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

5.7 HEMI provides the ultimate Driving Experience
By Jim

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This Grand Cherokee Summit equipped with Chrysler's 5.7 HEMI has provided the best driving experience of all the vehicles I have owned/leased. Very safe/reliable in performance and construction.

Another hanger queen
By Charles Macintire

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had a BMW X3 I loved but it had become unreliable and the last estimate for repair was more than than the car was worth. So I sold it and bought this 2016 leftover Grand Cherokee. I really want to love this car because its a great ride. Very comfortable and the technology is intuitive to use. But on two occasions now it's failed to start and had to be towed in to the dealer for repair. And on both occasions the "technician" goes to work on the vehicle and it starts for him. No codes tripped to indicate what was wrong. So the story is, "sorry but if we can't repeat the episode there's nothing we can do". So I'm stuck with this potential lemon that's not worth what I still owe on it. And if Chrysler can't or won't resolve the problem I've no choice but to trade it at a loss as I have to have reliable transportation. Should have bought the 4Runner I was considering.

Jeep GRAND Cherokee
By WILF

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is the 2nd Jeep my wife bought and this is much better than the liberty she traded in. We love the vehicle but there are a few things we are not a huge fan of, but we would still rather have the jeep than not! We don't think the acceleration is very good at all. I mean it's not a car and it's really heave so what did we expect? We arent happy with the Ulink being an extra cost, but again, it's not a big deal just a lot of other features we wont use.

I loved it but then I realized it's unreliable
By Stephanie

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Jeep in extremely unreliable. The transmission tries to predict how you want it work, but what ends up happening is shifting from 0 gear to 1st (roughly 0-10 mph) there is a pretty hard shift. The transmission ends up struggling, and I'm sure it will go out much faster than it should because of the terrible transmission technology they created. I took my Jeep in for this issue 3 times and was told that that's just what is does and the best they can do is hope if my transmission does go out it happens before the warranty is up. Seriously! The Limited 75th edition also has 20 inch wheels when the wheel well is made for 18 inches. That means that the tires have to be low profile to fit. So, make sure not to use the Jeep for long car trips or take it off road (you know the main reasons to buy a Jeep)! The 20 inch rims and performance tires ruin the usability of the Jeep. I've had my Jeep 11 months and I've had 3 tires blow out. I've never had a tire blow out on any other vehicle I've had, and I've had more than 10 vehicles. I would never recommend this vehicle and I'm working on trading mine in now. I loved the Jeep brand but after buying a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 75th Anniversary Edition, I can honestly say I will never buy a Jeep again.

scary
By scary

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I pulled out of an intersection and my eco light came on automaticly I tried to turn if off and couldn't. pulled over and tried to put it in park wouldn't let me couldn't turn engine off so drove to serv sta for help. gentleman tried to put it in park couldn't had to put emergency brake on to keep it from moving he put his foot on brake car lunged forward and ran into building. it over rode the emergency brake and foot break. scared to drive it and can't get jeep to reply to my calls don't know what to do I really need a veh that I am not afraid of.