Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Better than my X5 and Range Rover
By CTdad

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a Range Rover and a BMW X5 and after dealing with non stop issues with both of them. The last straw was a 2nd failed transmission on the X5. I wanted something I could depend on for once. I brought my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I Have not had any issues with this car. It is more comfortable and reliable than the RR or BMW. A few of my friends have even traded in for the Jeep after checking mine out. I am very happy with my Jeep.

11 JEEPdaJEEP
By William McKennor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Summit edition is a very fine suv. Enjoy the air suspension. As much as 10.5 inch clearance in off road mode 'plus a nice exit mode.

Stalling and turning off on it's own
By Glennbob

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have 4 times in the past 5 months that the engine will and electrical will turn off without warning. Coming to a stop light, turning left on a roundabout, taking an exit on the right, making a right hand turn and the last one which scared me to the point of needing to sell it if Chrysler doesn't do something about this. I was making a left hand turn off a two lane hwy slowing down from 55 as I slowed down to make the turn across traffic with a car coming at 55 the car died. No power steering, brakes nothing, just as if you turned the car off. I was able to coast across the left hand lane but knew the driver has to slow down for me which I was happy to have happened as I couldn't do anything to get out of the cars way.

Don't Even Waste Your Time! :(
By RLD

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

A ton of electrical problems - this is the 1st year for computer/electronic modules - Never buy a first year product!

Not the Grand Cherokee of old
By G Laich

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this Jeep for 6 years now and I am generally pleased but it falls short of an A. My complaints may not be applicable to everyone since I"m 6'4". The driver seat is not comfortable. Leather is stiff and the upper part of the seat hits my back wrong. Also, poor lumbar support. My next issue is visibility. Rear view mirror is too low due to the convenience console on the ceiling (garage door opener/Sun glass holder). Rear window wiper assembly is huge and obscures vision. The only mechanical issue I had was failing air conditioning (twice).