Used 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Cherokee for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...29

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

ONE CATASTROPHE AFTER ANOTHER

karma90, 03/07/2013
Laredo 4dr SUV

I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Automatic, 2WD, the vehicle starts up perfectly but then instantly dies.Not a sputter nothing it's like it just loses spark.The power works fine, the dash lights come on,no problem, automatic & manual head lights work great so far.Power windows and door locks work,my interior lights work.Gas light comes on,but there's gas in the jeep.None of the gauges move at all.After trying to start it multiple times there is no sort of clicking from inside my vehicle like when my alternator went out & my battery kept dying.I recently replaced the alternator 2 days ago.I replaced transmission catalytic converter,muffler,& major tune up 6 weeks ago. PLEASE HELP

3.88 out of 5 stars

What more can you ask for

Big Frank, 03/03/2002
Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Most dependable and sturdy vehicle I have owned in years. Actually like it better then my Lincoln.

5 out of 5 stars

280000 miles just wont die

sailingdude, 11/09/2011
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this jeep with allot of miles cheap. It is the fourth jeep I have owned. Cheap to fix and lots of used parts out there. Can't go wrong if you havn't allot of cash to blow on some over priced ero-trash leather llivingroom. You can still drive it with many things wrong with it then fix it at your own pace. 280k starts and runs great. and the interior is just as good, leather, heated seats, premium sound, comfortable, I can go on.

5 out of 5 stars

Take care of your vehicle

ORJeeper, 07/22/2002
Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I've been a Jeep person for 25 years. I've owned nearly every model at one time or another and there are few vehicles which can come close to the craftsmanship these vehicles are built with. I am religious when it comes to maintaining my rigs (especially the CJ) and because of that, they last far longer than the same vehicle in "average Joe's" hands. Most negative comments are from people who do nothing more than gas and go and expect the car to last forever. It just doesn't happen. Treat this vehicle right and it'll take you anywhere you want to go.

3.88 out of 5 stars

Sounded like a good SUV @ time

Ana, 01/17/2003
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Where should I start mmm...bought with 42,000 in '99, interior hardware failing,side mirrors memory set failing, stereo buttons sticky hard to change mode, heating seats don't work anymore, back wiper sticky, replaced CV boots(@93k),power steering brackets before 90k, there's acouple of other things that have failed right before it hit 100K but overall still runs great. We've been across the border twice and other long trips in the state, not sure what other SUV we could have bought at time (NOT FORD). Would like to sell but only for gas mileage reasons, I drive alot in town.

12345...29