Used 2019 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Cherokee for Sale
Select your model:
12345...30

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Beware of 2019’s

Brian Andrew, 08/24/2018
Latitude Plus 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

On 06/11/18 I purchased a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4x4. On 06/21/18 I noticed the rear passenger taillight was allowing moisture in it resulting in condensation to build up inside the taillight. (Replaced under warranty on 08/22/18) on 07/08/18 - 07/09/18 - 07/10/18 I ran into an issue with the transmission shifting hard and then displaying a message on the dash that stated “service transmission, restart in park at zero speed” forcing me to coast to a stop and place the vehicle in park and restart it in order to have the transmission work again. (Diagnosed on 07/11/18 and valve body solenoid learn and performed quick learn under warranty) On 07/15/18 AppleCar Play wouldn’t launch on either my iPhone X or my partners iPhone 8 both operating iOS 11.4.1, the USB ports wouldn’t recognize either phones being plugged into them and then the transmission shifted hard while driving between 65mph-55mph to Cumberland, MD from Pittsburgh, PA through the Laurel Highlands. On 07/20/18 the radio went into theft lock mode while driving asking for a 4 digit pin and then the transmission wouldn’t upshift or downshift properly resulting in a message again flashing on the dash stating “service transmission, restart in park with vehicle at zero speed”. On 07/25/18 the vehicle bucked me hard into an interaction upon taking off from a stop light to the point where I put the vehicle in park and got out to check for damage bc I thought the driver behind me had rear ended me. On 08/02/18 the radio went black for about 3-4 minutes while driving then ran through its startup / loading screen as if I had just gotten into the vehicle and started it. On 08/03/18 the radio froze while driving displaying “please wait.....” in red in the middle of the screen and wouldn’t allow you to select anything on the screen. On 08/04/18 the radio randomly started making its own selections on the screen as if you were touching the menus and selecting things. The vehicle also shifted hard while slowing down around 35-45mph. On 08/07/18 the radio restarted itself after driving for about 10 minutes after its rebooted itself it again started selecting menus as if someone was touching the screen and making the selections. On 08/11/18 the vehicle again had transmission issues. When the cruise was set at 65 mph on a flat area of open road it rev’d up to 4,000 RPM and stayed that way for about 1 minute. It again hard shifted when taking off from a stop at an intersection. (On 08/15/18 the rear drivers side taillight began to allow water into the taillight resulting in a buildup of condensation. (Replaced under warranty on 08/22/18) 08/17/18 radio again restarted itself while driving and coming to a stop at a stop light. (finally got this on video occurring and a replacement radio is on order due to the radio not accepting an update that is available and the dealership feeling it’s an issue with the unit) 08/18/18 transmission shifted hard twice while driving up an incline on Donahue Rd driving between 45mph-50mph on my way from Latrobe, PA to Pittsburgh, PA. On 08/18/18 the drivers seatbelt became difficult to latch into the buckle and the dashboard would not recognize when the seatbelt wasn’t clipped in resulting in no warning message / light to display on the dash. (defective buckle replaced under warranty on 08/22/18) 08/22/18 Dealership takes measurement of oil due to concern of oil consumption and orders a replacement engine due to oil loss / consumption. An appointment is schedule for a new engine to be put in on 09/05/18 along with another leaking taillight to be replaced, radio to be replaced and the transmission to be looked at again. I am beyond frustrated with this experience and am asking that Jeep give me a replacement vehicle due to the effect the service history, engine replacement and not getting a resolution / proper diagnosis for this transmission yet will have on the resale of my vehicle down the road. I have all documents from my service visits as well as videos and pictures of things when they occurred and it was safe to take / record the issue/concern. This was my first brand new vehicle purchase and now I am questioning whether it was the right decision. PLEASE JEEP HELP ME! #Jeep #Cherokee #FCA

2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited-4,000 miles

Jazz1, 11/13/2018
Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Update: I’m adding two stars over the longer term at 24,000 miles. What is apparent to me was the dealer’s service department damaged the vehicle while trying to repair it. I have since switched dealers/service department to another Jeep dealer. Since then all has been well. Also, Chrysler seemed ill equipped, originally, to provide replacement parts even under warranty. I do not know if that has improved. Well while getting two recalls services at the same time a third issue blew up as I was leaving Dewey Jeep in Ankeny, IA. Low and behold the engine warning light and the automatic engine kill at stop (for extra gas mileage) cam on. The SUV jerked forward and I knew there was a problem. Turns out the fuel injector wiring was somehow abraded. I'm wondering if this happened during the recall service. I'm wondering how they could have driven the SUV and not have noticed the warning lights/icons as well as the stalling out of the SUV?

4 out of 5 stars

17,000 miles in so far so good. (Long review)

Cameron, 03/17/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

Car Review So I’m gonna break this down into category’s. But here’s a little background info.. I bought the car August of 2018 so I’ve owned the vehicle for roughly 7 months now. Currently I’m at 16,500 miles and will probably be around 33,000 by the end of the year. ( I commute to about 30 miles one way to work so roughly 300 miles a week. Gas Proficiency - I would say when I first got the car I was commuting so the gas mileage was horrible but now that I commute I can easily get 378 miles worth of gas each week. - I usually only fill up once a week and it cost me about $30-$35 a week (when the tank is close to empty ) Comfort - this car is so comfortable ! It makes commuting a breeze! Performance wise: 1. This is the first new car I’ve owned, I used to own a 2005 Jeep Liberty. So compared to the liberty this Cherokee is BEYOND better. 2. My mother owns a 2009 Grand Cherokee Limited with a V8 engine and I still think the 2009 accelerates better than the 2019 Jeep Cherokee. (Then again it is a grand Cherokee and it’s a v8) Basically what I’m trying to say is that you would think a car that is 10 years newer would accelerate better. Also highway wise once you tap the gas it accelerate pretty nice. The problem is when your doing errands around town, the car can be so slow especially when you have to stop frequently for traffic lights. 3. Since I’ve had the vehicle the infotainment screen has blacked out 3 times. I took it to the dealer and they ran some test and rebooted it. Since then it’s restarted once while driving Brakes 1. When I first got the car the brakes were fabulous lol. 7 months after they’re still pretty good but I’ll probably get new brake pads before the summer. It just takes a little longer to brake Transmission 1. It shifts too hard sometimes and it’s annoying because you’ll think something is falling from the car Start stop feature 1. That [non-permissible content removed] is annoying. The car doesn’t accelerate as quickly as it would if the start stop feature was disabled. Fun fact: you can turn it off permanently. You have to click the button every time you get in the car ( it’s second nature to me now) Cabin noise 1. Loud, the engine is loud inside but outside it’s quiet as a whistle Speakers 1. Love them! I’m glad you can adjust the base and the all that Jazz Different Driving Modes 1. Sport - I’ve only tested it a few times and the car does accelerate better but it’ll drain your gas like no tomorrow 2. Snow- I LOVE the snow feature , we recently had a bad snow storm and it was plowing through the snow with ease. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULL TANK..this burns so much gas 3. Sand- haven’t tried it Overall- I give the car a B. Only because I’m biased about repairs but I mean after owning the car for 7 months I think that needing new brakes and other maintenance is pretty standard, especially with the mileage I’ve already accumulated.

1 out of 5 stars

2019 Jeep Cherokee with less than 1000 miles.

Christian Corder, 08/12/2018
Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Vehicle stalls out for no good reason. i have yet to take it back to the dealer to be looked at, but from what I've gathered on forums, I am not the only one that has encountered my specific issues with the vehicle. i bought this jeep with 21 miles on it and it already is beginning to sound like an old vehicle with engine problems. always sounds like it wants to bog out when leaving a complete stop. the transmission doesn't seem to know when to switch gears. just an all around mess. we will see what the dealer finds, but from what I've read it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten a straight answer as to what might be happening.

4 out of 5 stars

True ( hydro) Blue with No complaints!!

Etiennenyc, 01/22/2020
Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

I’ve been a jeep fan for over 10 yrs now. I’ve owned nothing but suvs ...4 so far totaling 450k miles . . My last jeep was an 04 overland (wj) which I kinda still miss..... at was a beast ... powerful and unknowingly quick ( 0-60 6.7 sec) but it was getting old (183k miles and owned it’s for 10 yrs ) and not worth fixing. There wasn’t any way I wasn’t gonna get another suv. Did my research... trailhawk was decided. With 19k miles on it already with both highway and city miles ,it’s still a lovely place to be in and I admire it every time I walk up to it to get in. I haven’t been off road yet but do plan to do so ASAP. I opted for the v6 due to the newness/swift introduction of the turbo 4 without too many tested miles in the jeep. Although it has been tested in Europe thru fiat .... I just wasn’t comfortable. I thoroughly enjoy the trailhawk in all aspects. The look , the color ( hydro blue) and reliability (which I was concerned with before my leasing )handling ( very smooth over bumps , city driving and highway driving, ergonomics, seats , dashboard etc .... simply said it everything works and it’s a more than comfortable environment to be in. It’s slightly more efficient than that monster high output premium gas preferred 4.7 v8 in the overland although not as quick/powerful. It’s fast enough to get you a ticket lol. I especially like the auto stick which I do use often. Like other reviews for the Cherokee the 9 speed transmission can be a little laggy and slow to find the right gear you need to pass but that is solved with the auto stick. I’ve gotten up to 26/27 mpg on highway being very nice to the pedal. My only complaints are 1) it’s a little smaller than I’m use to 2) the gas tank is only 15.8 gallons 3) the gas tank door doesn’t lock ... smh really ?? . Coming from a “ road dawg “ that has over a million miles of driving all sorts of vehicles , I give the trailhawk a thumbs up and It’s a vehicle worth checking into.

12345...30