Skip to main content

Used Cherokee for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Beware of 2019’s

Brian Andrew, 08/24/2018
2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

On 06/11/18 I purchased a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4x4. On 06/21/18 I noticed the rear passenger taillight was allowing moisture in it resulting in condensation to build up inside the taillight. (Replaced under warranty on 08/22/18) on 07/08/18 - 07/09/18 - 07/10/18 I ran into an issue with the transmission shifting hard and then displaying a message on the dash that stated “service transmission, restart in park at zero speed” forcing me to coast to a stop and place the vehicle in park and restart it in order to have the transmission work again. (Diagnosed on 07/11/18 and valve body solenoid learn and performed quick learn under warranty) On 07/15/18 AppleCar Play wouldn’t launch on either my iPhone X or my partners iPhone 8 both operating iOS 11.4.1, the USB ports wouldn’t recognize either phones being plugged into them and then the transmission shifted hard while driving between 65mph-55mph to Cumberland, MD from Pittsburgh, PA through the Laurel Highlands. On 07/20/18 the radio went into theft lock mode while driving asking for a 4 digit pin and then the transmission wouldn’t upshift or downshift properly resulting in a message again flashing on the dash stating “service transmission, restart in park with vehicle at zero speed”. On 07/25/18 the vehicle bucked me hard into an interaction upon taking off from a stop light to the point where I put the vehicle in park and got out to check for damage bc I thought the driver behind me had rear ended me. On 08/02/18 the radio went black for about 3-4 minutes while driving then ran through its startup / loading screen as if I had just gotten into the vehicle and started it. On 08/03/18 the radio froze while driving displaying “please wait.....” in red in the middle of the screen and wouldn’t allow you to select anything on the screen. On 08/04/18 the radio randomly started making its own selections on the screen as if you were touching the menus and selecting things. The vehicle also shifted hard while slowing down around 35-45mph. On 08/07/18 the radio restarted itself after driving for about 10 minutes after its rebooted itself it again started selecting menus as if someone was touching the screen and making the selections. On 08/11/18 the vehicle again had transmission issues. When the cruise was set at 65 mph on a flat area of open road it rev’d up to 4,000 RPM and stayed that way for about 1 minute. It again hard shifted when taking off from a stop at an intersection. (On 08/15/18 the rear drivers side taillight began to allow water into the taillight resulting in a buildup of condensation. (Replaced under warranty on 08/22/18) 08/17/18 radio again restarted itself while driving and coming to a stop at a stop light. (finally got this on video occurring and a replacement radio is on order due to the radio not accepting an update that is available and the dealership feeling it’s an issue with the unit) 08/18/18 transmission shifted hard twice while driving up an incline on Donahue Rd driving between 45mph-50mph on my way from Latrobe, PA to Pittsburgh, PA. On 08/18/18 the drivers seatbelt became difficult to latch into the buckle and the dashboard would not recognize when the seatbelt wasn’t clipped in resulting in no warning message / light to display on the dash. (defective buckle replaced under warranty on 08/22/18) 08/22/18 Dealership takes measurement of oil due to concern of oil consumption and orders a replacement engine due to oil loss / consumption. An appointment is schedule for a new engine to be put in on 09/05/18 along with another leaking taillight to be replaced, radio to be replaced and the transmission to be looked at again. I am beyond frustrated with this experience and am asking that Jeep give me a replacement vehicle due to the effect the service history, engine replacement and not getting a resolution / proper diagnosis for this transmission yet will have on the resale of my vehicle down the road. I have all documents from my service visits as well as videos and pictures of things when they occurred and it was safe to take / record the issue/concern. This was my first brand new vehicle purchase and now I am questioning whether it was the right decision. PLEASE JEEP HELP ME! #Jeep #Cherokee #FCA

Also Consider
7 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Buick Envision
View Offers
Buick.com
*The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Buick vehicles’ destination freight charges.

2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited-4,000 miles

Jazz1, 11/13/2018
updated 11/16/2020
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Update: I’m adding two stars over the longer term at 24,000 miles. What is apparent to me was the dealer’s service department damaged the vehicle while trying to repair it. I have since switched dealers/service department to another Jeep dealer. Since then all has been well. Also, Chrysler seemed ill equipped, originally, to provide replacement parts even under warranty. I do not know if that has improved. Well while getting two recalls services at the same time a third issue blew up as I was leaving Dewey Jeep in Ankeny, IA. Low and behold the engine warning light and the automatic engine kill at stop (for extra gas mileage) cam on. The SUV jerked forward and I knew there was a problem. Turns out the fuel injector wiring was somehow abraded. I'm wondering if this happened during the recall service. I'm wondering how they could have driven the SUV and not have noticed the warning lights/icons as well as the stalling out of the SUV?

4 out of 5 stars

True ( hydro) Blue with No complaints!!

Etiennenyc, 01/22/2020
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

I’ve been a jeep fan for over 10 yrs now. I’ve owned nothing but suvs ...4 so far totaling 450k miles . . My last jeep was an 04 overland (wj) which I kinda still miss..... at was a beast ... powerful and unknowingly quick ( 0-60 6.7 sec) but it was getting old (183k miles and owned it’s for 10 yrs ) and not worth fixing. There wasn’t any way I wasn’t gonna get another suv. Did my research... trailhawk was decided. With 19k miles on it already with both highway and city miles ,it’s still a lovely place to be in and I admire it every time I walk up to it to get in. I haven’t been off road yet but do plan to do so ASAP. I opted for the v6 due to the newness/swift introduction of the turbo 4 without too many tested miles in the jeep. Although it has been tested in Europe thru fiat .... I just wasn’t comfortable. I thoroughly enjoy the trailhawk in all aspects. The look , the color ( hydro blue) and reliability (which I was concerned with before my leasing )handling ( very smooth over bumps , city driving and highway driving, ergonomics, seats , dashboard etc .... simply said it everything works and it’s a more than comfortable environment to be in. It’s slightly more efficient than that monster high output premium gas preferred 4.7 v8 in the overland although not as quick/powerful. It’s fast enough to get you a ticket lol. I especially like the auto stick which I do use often. Like other reviews for the Cherokee the 9 speed transmission can be a little laggy and slow to find the right gear you need to pass but that is solved with the auto stick. I’ve gotten up to 26/27 mpg on highway being very nice to the pedal. My only complaints are 1) it’s a little smaller than I’m use to 2) the gas tank is only 15.8 gallons 3) the gas tank door doesn’t lock ... smh really ?? . Coming from a “ road dawg “ that has over a million miles of driving all sorts of vehicles , I give the trailhawk a thumbs up and It’s a vehicle worth checking into.

1 out of 5 stars

2019 Jeep Cherokee with less than 1000 miles.

Christian Corder, 08/12/2018
2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Vehicle stalls out for no good reason. i have yet to take it back to the dealer to be looked at, but from what I've gathered on forums, I am not the only one that has encountered my specific issues with the vehicle. i bought this jeep with 21 miles on it and it already is beginning to sound like an old vehicle with engine problems. always sounds like it wants to bog out when leaving a complete stop. the transmission doesn't seem to know when to switch gears. just an all around mess. we will see what the dealer finds, but from what I've read it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten a straight answer as to what might be happening.

Beware of 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Jason, 01/11/2019
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

Bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee a few weeks ago. Within 78 hours of owning the car, I went to start it up and the the car made a stalling noise. I tried to jump it and was unsuccessful. The next morning I made another attempt to start the car and it started up fine... two days later same thing happens.... I go to start the car to leave for work and the car stalls. After 15 minutes of yelling and cursing, the car finally starts up. I went to the dealership to tell them about the stalling problems and they hooked it up to a computer. They told me the “computer” showed no issues. They kicked me loose without doing a thorough inspection of the problem. So I continued to drive it thinking I will have to record the issue with my phone next time it happens. Well, last night I was driving on a busy road and stopped at a stop light (with only 400 miles on the ODO). The light turned green and when I stepped on the gas, the engine stalled again. I literally almost got killed as approaching vehicles nearly rear ended me. Brought it to the dealership next morning where the car didn’t start for them... Went online and googled 2019 Jeep Cherokee stalling problems and saw a tremendous number of links to bad reviews from people experiencing similiar or identical issues with the car stalling. The company needs to do a recall on this car before they face a lawsuit. Be cognizant of this issue before you drop 30-40 grand on a new Jeep Cherokee, and heed the reviews online.

12345...33