2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Special Dealer Edition
By Mike Jensen

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

The only complaint I have is that the headlights do not appear as bright as my other SUV vehicle (Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 2007) I plan to have some high intensity LED driving lights installed. Overall I love this vehicle. The V6 is fun and has plenty of tow power, in sport mode it gets up and goes! This was a special edition ordered by the dealership and it had not even been offloaded off the transport and I said I wanted it after test driving a similar model. This one had 12 miles on it. It has the blacked out package, V6, and 18 inch wheels which were not offered through the manufacture website in the combination I bought. Side note: its not the Overland V6 but the Sport with dealer options, V6 etc.

Used 2016 Jeep Cherokee Great Purchase
By Casey

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Check for small missing parts. The cup holders were missing there liners and there was no owners manual. Fortunately with today's times I can access the manual online and the parts were easy to order.

2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 2.4L 4 Cycle
By Cranestyle777

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought this because I wanted the off road version, but was light in the wallet at the time of purchase. I suppose most people went with the V6 for the Trailhawk. I will say that if I met someone thinking about buying this car, I would say get the V6. You will be happier. That being said, the 2.4 4cyl tiger shark with the 9 speed transmission has kind of "learned" my driving habits, The transmission software issues from the '14 models are worked out and fixed. Sport mode is fun. I am happy I went with the "green" version. It is capable as hell, decent on gas,

Good choice
By Ramon Davantes

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Better than any of my past SUV

Scared to drive
By Jmklaers@gmail.com

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I just bought this car and it's been in the shop 3 times already to no avail. Car cuts off in the middle of driving and leaving me with no power on a busy Interstate several times. Dealership can't find anything wrong with it although I barely got it there. Car States vehicle needs transmission repair service and brake service. Seems no one can help! Do not buy this car. Lemon warning.