Used 2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews

$13,450

Used XJ-Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Not your Dad's Jag!

Steve-o, 04/03/2008

The car is really big, but feels much more nimble that you would expect. The power in the non-supercharged engines is adequate for the car's weight. The acceleration is a bit better than my 2006 Mercedes S-350 with slightly better fuel economy.

2008 XJR

Dave, 12/23/2007

Got on order list in July for this 2008. Liquid silver with charcoal interior, climate package and sirius. This redesigned car is awesome. Looks like something from a custom shop. The 20 inch 5 spoke cremona wheels and ground effects give a real aggressive stance. Test drove mercedes, audi and BMW. These sedans don't even approach the interior class or the road performance of this rare machine. And I do mean rare, few are being built, is a plus. As prior owners of a M5 series BMW, this jag is leaps and bounds above the rest. And the supercharged V8, is faster than audi, mercedes and BMW, but 26 miles per gallon on the highway, no gas gusler tax on this cat, unlike the other three tested.

Maintenance

Al, 06/29/2010

I have owned the car for a little over a year and the air-conditioning went out. We I took it in the said the brake pads had to be replaced. We only have 15,000 miles on the car. The dealer mechanic said we would have to change them every 20,000 miles or less. This does not seem right. Is this a design flaw in the car?

Truly, “The Blending of Art and Machine”!

David, 10/15/2018
XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Owning an iconic Jaguar XJ Series is not only a very wise decision, but an honor. No other motorcar exudes the timeless class, distinction, dependability, value and sheer driving pleasure that the XJ so firmly commands. My 2008 XJ8L makes my heart swoon every time I see it. Once inside, every one of my sences is hightened by its sheer beauty, engineering and driving performance. My XJ8L was fitted with most every option available. It’s gorgeous curvaceous Emerald Green Metalic exterior (which looks black at night, like having two different vehicles), chrome front grill (upper & lower) combined with the classic round headlights and fog lights, distinctive Jaguar side vents, extended front and rear bumpers, rear trunk spoiler and 19” chrome wheels; perfection! Inside, the ultra-luxurious cream leather with mocha piping and trim, Walnut burlwood dash, trim & shift knob, real chrome accents throughout and the expansive rear seating which comes with the “L” long-wheelbase feels like I’m in a 5 star gentleman’s club. My favorite and most used options are the front and rear heated and cooled seats, premium sound system, navigation system and the cruise control. This motorcar drives just like it looks, like a gorgeous sure-footed, nimble and powerful cat, always ready to strike. The cabin is so quiet, it’s like you’re standing still; but, put your foot on the gas and this cat growls into high speed, leaving others in the dust. The combination of modern technology and classic styling strike a perfect balance, something that is rarely found. A+

Incredible Jaguar XJ 2008

Spitfire, 04/24/2019
Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought him in 2015 with 74000 miles, # in 1/2 years later still love him!!! Great look, reliable, excellent gas mileage! Superb comfort! We have a 2018 Porsche Panamera, a 2018 Targa, 2018 Corvette and a Classic Mercedes W 124. We ove it all! But the Jaguar Ryde is a BLAST of comfort!