Used 2008 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews

$13,450

Used XJ-Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Styling. Power. Luxry interior. Reliability.

Mark in Oregon, 01/02/2020
Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Afer two 2004 XJ's (x350), I finally found a 29k mile 2008 Vanden Plas recently in 2019. Let me share my experience from the two 2004's and current 2008. As my title states, these cars are truly outstanding in all key areas. Nothing on the road these days as distinctive as the x350 Jaguars. Performance is outstanding with either the 300 or 400 horsepower models. The 300hp version does 0-60 in under 7 seconds and yet gets gas mileage of around 28 mpg highways and 24 mpg city. Jaguar interiors are unlike any other car except maybe Rolls Royce and Bentley offerings. All the aromatic leather, real walnut trim, lambs wool carpets, and the comfort Jaguar offers are of first class treatment. Reliability is quite impressive (read other reviews), and the only major weak points are as follows: Suspension on these cars is an air controlled system which over time will definity need replacing as the rubber components wear. When replacing, you will want to use the Arnott after market version which will last much longer than the factory version and afford a slightly firmer ride. The total cost to replace both front and rear components (by a qualified non-dealer facility) will run about $3k. The only other costly replacement is the Xenon headlamps found on some of these cars. Each headlight unit is a complete piece with bulbs and housing. Cost for each to replace is about $12-15 hundred dollars. I give this car 5 stars because after owning three of them, my experience with each has been superb. Note: The 2008 and 2009 editions offered a much more aggressive body treatment and firmer ride. While the same length they are slightly taller and a bit more roomy. They also came standard with 18 inch wheels on the base models and 19 and 20 inch wheel options were available, with the 19 inch being standard on the Vanden Plas editions. Happy hunting for the car of your dreams!

Not just another pretty face

Frisko4me, 01/01/2008

The nicest car I have ever owned, and I have owned many. Very comfortable new seats for 2008. I previously owned a 2004 XJR and this car is much more comfortable. Recently drove 3000 freeway miles, and love this car. Lots of leg room front and rear. Amazing 400 horsepower, this car can be a rocket. Yet, very good on gas, averaged over 23 MPG.

Just perfect

mike, 12/10/2009

The car is beautiful, comfortable, reliable, fast, sporty and classy. The gas mileage is probably the best in this luxury segment.

08 XJ8 L

AustinWest, 11/15/2018
XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I currently have 130k miles and climbing every day. The only repairs made to this car in 10 years are a replaced coolant reservoir (that i was able to replace myself for less than $200) and I replaced the front control arms for around $1500. Engine, transmission and everything else is original and runs like new. Quick acceleration, excellent braking and the fuel economy is insane for a big V8 sedan. I get around 20-25 mpg in the city and have seen well into the 40's on the highway. Each tank I average almost 27mpg. The style of this car is timeless. People stop and stare at it all the time. The pearl grey paint color is a real eye-catcher. The car is also incredibly ahead of its time. Heated and cooled seats. Heated steering wheel. Navigation and bluetooth all work well. The sound system is fantastic. Handling is a dream. Charming and sophisticated around the city but can scream and squeal tires if you really want to. I really have no complaints. This car will hopefully make it to my dying day.

The Best There Is for Us

suoxor, 03/08/2008

Now 58, I have always desired to own an XJ8. That dream was realized this past August when we purchased the L model. In no way has this dream car let us down. From the youngest to the oldest, heads turn toward it when it appears on the street. Never in my life have I enjoyed the comfort and style of a car more than our beauty silver model.