Used 1995 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Loved too Long
By ROY KING

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Owned the Jag for 21 years. Loved it. Electronics and radio gradually failed. Some repair parts discontinued. Best driver I ever owned. Resale value dropped to practically nothing, though. Sold reluctantly.

Very satisfied
By buzbomb

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJS 2dr Coupe

Great ride, dependable looks great no problems, security system excellent have had BMWs Mercedes this is much more fun and great on long rides and short

Looks, acceleration, quiet, great sound system handles beautifully without sway

easier safety brake

Perfect car
By vs

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 and car had 7500 miles. I was looking for sport car, but dealer was able to convince me to buy Jaguar. What a great choice. I still love this car even after 12 years of owning it. During this time I had 2 Mercedes and two BMW, all of which were driven by me and mostly by my wife and all of them were returned back to dealers at the end of lease. Jaguar still stays with me. At this point it's worth really nothing, but the way it drives, none of listed above could even get closer. The only non original parts on this car is rear shocks and battery. Of course filters and tires. My teenager is begging me to get another car and get him this one. He loves it too.

Ride and seats (still good after so many years). Gas mileage is 26 on highway.

This car is too old for improvement, but radio is just ridiculous.

Like it so much, I bought a second one
By Jean

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car! Extremely reliable! Parts, except electronic modules, available at reasonable price, a lot cheaper than Japanese car's counterpart. Engine is powerful and without any drawbacks. It is a sporty family car, but not a rally type. Classical British conception and design.

Engine and handling

A 5 speeds manual transmission would be me favorite...

95 Vanden Plas
By Ed

1995 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ6 Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan

Bought this for my wife on her last birthday. Looked for 6 months for the right car and this is it. She loves everything about it. I steal it or should say I trade cars with her sometimes just for the fun of driving it. Many good comments from strangers about it's classic beauty. Wanted one for years but never look seriously. Only negative thing and it's not a biggie is the drivers area is a bit small

Great looks, beautiful interior, sports car feel.

Drivers seat move back more.