2017 INFINITI QX70 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX70 model:

Smiles per mile.
By Jon Garrick

2017 INFINITI QX70 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased a QX70S AWD with the larger black wheels and other bits. At first it was nearly everything I didn't want in a car, dark color outside, black inside and big black wheels. Nearly 18 months on I love it. It gives me the impression of a classic sports car to drive. It handles well, grips and corners well, I like the supportive and comfortable seats. It accelerates better than some so called sports cars, is roomy and versatile enough and has more than enough tech for me. If you need to tow a lot or carry 5 people and luggage this is not the car for you, but if you want something that stands out from the pack and brings a smile to your face then this is for you. One downside is fuel economy, it is not the most economical vehicle there is even when driven moderately, but this kind of performance doesn't come cheap. I love the 3 versions of shifting, auto, stick or paddle shifters depending on your mood. I bought this instead of a Cayenne and I'm pleased I did. My service costs are a fraction of my neighbors Porsche and on the road my performance is equally as good. I love all the safety features from adaptive cruise to lane departure and more cameras than a movie set to aid my wife in parking. In Fl. the cooled seats are great and work well. The nav. with traffic and weather also work well. One other small niggle is that the center console cubby is too far back to get things in and out in a hurry. I may not part with this car unless they come up with a suitable replacement.

My Sport SUV
By S S WALKER JR

2017 INFINITI QX70 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The QX-70 (Limited) is my third. I've owned a 2003 & 2007 FX-35 and loved driving both. The first was totalled when I took a rear end hit while stopped at a traffic light. The wife and I walked away without a mark. I had over 170k's on the second when I realized 2017 was the last year. I liked the look and made the up grade. Priced the 2007 just below local dealers' ads and sold it almost before I could unload my personal items. I like the way the QX-70
handles, but the FX-35 models had more of a sport car drive. Also I wasn't happy when I found out Infiniti didn't add the available blind spot detection system, cut corners on the build (i.e. gas cap door and other areas feel/sound like tin), and only offered one interior package on the limited model. I still miss the 3.5 engine SOUND, that made everyone look that direction!!!

Best deal i've ever gotten
By gaboy

2017 INFINITI QX70 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have a good friend who has a 2014 version under the old nomenclature, and while I originally thought the car was a little odd looking (i still do), i really enjoyed riding in it. I finally decided to get a new car in 2017 and after looking at all the midsize SUV's available, i drifted over to the Qx70 because i wanted something fun to drive and the car had gone out of production so i felt i could get a good deal on one. I actually got a spectacular deal on a CPO with 4400 miles on it ($36K for a car with a $52K sticker) and 42 months of mfer warranty left. It was a corporate owned vehicle used by a Nissan exec. My gain points out a negative- this vehicle really depreciates in its first year- so if you buy one you need to keep it. I purposely stayed away from the sport and limited because the 18 inch wheel has a lot more air and rubber on the wheels vs the 20/21 inch wheels - it makes a difference in softening the ride. I think the big wheels look great but i wanted a more standard issue tire. The technology is old but proven- no trips to the dealership for bugs in the driver assist functions or transmission. Nav has both touchscreen and button panel- its a little far away for touchscreen when driving but buttons are intuitive. The car drives wonderfully. The responsiveness is off the charts and the rear-wheel drive acceleration is smooth and powerful. I just love driving it and it is more comfortable than i expected. The biggest negative is the fuel economy- 17/21 with premium fuel adds up. But i knew that going in and the deal i got will pay for a lot of fuel! GREAT CAR!!!
Update: had for about 10 months - love the way it drives. Gas MPG lousy- particularly since you have to buy premium. Storage area too small. I knew all these things going in. I would buy it again. People tell me how comfortable it is - in the front seat. Not as much in the back but good enough. It’s a car from someone who likes a powerful car for driving oneself or possibly a young family. Not enough room for a toad car for a family of older kids or adults.

My QX 70 Baby
By Jeff

2017 INFINITI QX70 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Wonderful SUV and u feel like a million bucks driving it!!!!

My 3rd one!
By Justine

2017 INFINITI QX70 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car so much, I've owned 3. Although the 1st two were the FX37, my 3rd one, the QX70 is the same vehicle with just a name change. The only thing I would like to see would be an upgraded technology package to stay aligned with its closest SUV competitors, the BMW and Volvo.