Skip to main content

2.9 out of 5 stars
102 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2020 QX50, so we've included reviews for other years of the QX50 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Electrical systems fail

Wayne Locke, 01/11/2019
2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The controls on the central console have a tendency to fail. You will not be able to disconnect a phone call and all the controls freeze preventing adjustments to the navigation, climate control, radio and blue tooth phone. There have also been incidents of the entire screen going black. This happens while the vehicle is in operation and can cause a very dangerous situation. infiniti has acknowledged the situation. They were able to replicate the problem at the dealership and admitted to numerous other similar complaints. I first raised the issue in November of 2018. As of January 10, 2019, they do not have a solution and the problem is continuing to occur. This goes beyond inconvenience. Failure of these systems while the vehicle is in operation causes a dangerous situation.

I am loving this car!

MZJ, 01/13/2020
2020 INFINITI QX50 LUXE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car was not even on my radar. I thought it was too small for my 6'7" husband, but the salesperson told me it had been redesigned and that the inside had more room! Indeed it did! We tried over a dozen cars from luxury to large SUV's. This 2020 QX 50 places more items on it's sleek dashboard and leaves more leg and shoulder room in the cabin of the vehicle. The power seats have so many adjustments that my husband has as much headroom as in did in our late model Mercedes 450! The seats are comfy, the technology is sweet, it has Apple Play, blind spot warning, lane warnings and the engine has pep!! I was used to a 8 cylinder Jeep and Benz and this sweet ride is just as smooth and much easier on the wallet for gas! It looks small on the outside but don't let that fool you! The back space is very big and the back seats have a 60/40 split! Infiniti gives you road service and live traffic for four years. I have had no buyers remorse and each time I drive the car I am happier than the time before!

GOOD DEAL FOR THE MONEY

Bob D, 03/14/2020
2020 INFINITI QX50 LUXE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My current lease was almost up and I decided I wanted an suv this time around. I liked the look of the QX50 but I didn't like all the poor reviews of the 2019 model on Edmunds. I decided to test drive the 2020 model to see if any of the problems of the 2019 might have been corrected. I was impressed with the ride and size but really impressed with the power of the new engine. I had no problem with the cvt transmission at low or high speeds. My current car is a three litre 300 twin turbo which I love, yet I see no noticeable differance in power. Yes, I did have a problem with the light steering feel but I changed the setting from standard to sport in the settings option screen and it tightened up to my liking. I really was surprised to like this suv. I live in the city so I never expect good gas mileage from any vehicle and this one is no different. You are always stopping for lights or stop signs so there is just no way you are going to see good mileage. On the highway it's just the opposite. I'm getting almost 30 MPG and the ride is great. The power is very acceptable at any speed. I also found no power lag going up hills which many complained of with the cvt transmission. Many nice features for the money. All in all I'm very happy and surprised with this suv.

Nightmare car

BKH, 01/22/2019
2019 INFINITI QX50 LUXE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car has been with us for 75 days, of which it's been in the shop for 70 of those days. Inifiniti has been terrible to deal with. They "know" it has a lot of problems, but refuse to buy it back. I would stay far away from this model. It's currently at dealer with "no fix" for fuel smell in the cabin, which they say is a known venting problem. Its with "engineering" awaiting a fix.

2 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

Drivers' Car ...

PDX-Max, 06/22/2018
2019 INFINITI QX50 ESSENTIAL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I picked this car a couple of weeks back & have put about 1500 miles on it. The most recent being a 1000 mile vacation trip my family. 5 of us, all adults ranging from 5 feet to 6 feet, average build, had no problems on our 3 day vacation trip. The cargo room was large enough, with some room to spare, to hold our baggage, camp food, water, light winter clothing, medical+emergency box, etc. The second row passenger space seated 3 of us comfortably & for about an hour or so, I sat in the back and yielded the wheel to my son since I was falling asleep after a heavy lunch. The QX50 handled the roads like a champ & the torque was available immediately. FWIW, I drove the whole route in the Standard drive mode. True, the get-out-of-the-gate lag is there & is noticeable. But once you get past that initial 3 to 5 seconds, the SUV is yours to play with. Transmission is smooth & I do prefer the CVT after it starts to get going. Driving through the canyons from John Day to I84 was a breeze. The car stayed glued to the road and drove in the direction I pointed. And I knew I had power if I needed it. (Side note: For a few days I drove this in the sport mode & did not notice the start up lag. It shows up in the eco & standard mode for me.) Our car is loaded with the Proactive & Sensory package. And we made use of the safety systems to its fullest. Keeping the car in a straight line with slight curves @ 80mph on I5 & I84 was no brainer. (Yes Iget assist with a radar detector as well.). Stop & Go traffic is not a problem - except a small peeve: I would like the car to start driving the moment it senses the other car start to move. But yes, this can be construed as a safety issue, necessitating driver interaction. The auto high beam was blessing as well, along with the 'foot kick' to open the trunk. I personally like the dual screens - one for nav & the other for entertainment. Some people don't; but I prefer having one screen for nav constanly as opposed to doubling up for other functions. I prefer the physical controls as well; but the placement of the climate on/off switch is odd imho. The car is silent & all the 5 of us were able to hold conversation without raising our voices or such. Creature comforts abounds in the car & we do miss the front thigh extension; the massager, etc. But for the price vs features, this car is a bargain. Some of my issues: - We got the lifestyle hitch & it sits deeply & away from the public eye. Great, except some of the bike racks don't have that depth. This will mean an hitch extension purchase. - I did not figure out if there was a way to transfer music to local hard drive - if present. If not, then its a bummer since the USB needs to be there permanently. - No access to apps like Spotify, Pandora, etc. And no Android Auto. - More & more SUVs are having storage space under the electronic shifter; but this one does not. Not sure why this could not have been accomodated. - Speaking of shifter, you shift forard to reverse & shift back to drive. Guess, you get used to it. :-) - The side mirros don't auto fold. - No rear seat heat. FWIW, we started our (re)search with about 10 SUVs ranging from MKX, Q5, XC60 & 90, CX9, Edge, Fpace, GLS, GLE, XKT, etc. We narrowed it down to XC90, QX50, MKX. We wrote out our needs/wants & price/value for these and settled on the QX50. Time will tell, especially with the CVT, if this is a good buy. But for now, I think I got a good one. The car looks great - check, drives like a sports car - check, good fuel economy (based on drive mode) - check, fuel range in excess of 320 miles to the tank - check, creature comforts - check, safety & driving aids - check. Good value for the price paid.

1...