Used 1998 INFINITI I30 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 INFINITI I30 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Cheap used car, great ride
By Mellao

1998 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

Bought this car one year ago from the first owner with 210.K mkiles. Changed valve cover gaskets, very easy, not like in other V6, and just last week changed the front brake pads. Great Bose sound, Needs to use 93 Octane gas but I get 22 miles/gallon in mixed use. Some control like the on/off for the cruise is hiding behind the steering wheel as well as the dash lights control but other that that is a great car. Good to buy used for they do not keep much the value. It's a great car.

One of the best out there
By Stephane M

1998 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2014 with 150k miles. It now have 160k. Within 1 year I went to the mechanic 1time to add freon for a/c and 10 months later to fix both axles and alternator @ $400. I took the car from dallas to atlanta twice. Dallas to Houston and to austin. I have always done oil change on time and checked antifreeze and the car has always taken good care of me. Beside a 1996 toyota camry that I previously owned this is the best car I've ever had.

Excellent used car at a low price.
By brianq727

1998 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a "go betweener" when my WRX died on me the second time because a shady mechanic shop j went to. I paid $2500 for this car with 127K miles and only expected to keep it a few months but it has really grown on me and is super reliable. Only things I've replaced in the 15 months I've owned it are a radiator for $110 and the O2 sensors for $130. Not bad for a car with 140K miles on it. She starts right up everyday and I plan on keeping her for a long time since I'm enjoying the "no car payment" life. I would highly recommend buying one of these used from model year 1996 to 1998. I see them for under $3K all the time and would make a great first car as well for teens.

Nice leather. Smooth transmission even with 140K miles on it. Enough power to pull out in traffic.

Suspension is a bit mushy. CV joints must be replaced every few years as with any FWD car.

current problem
By jack1950

1998 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

my 1998 I30 - I had wheel bearings replaced on both front wheels and the next time I drove
car my transmission seems to have a problem.
128,000 miles.
Has anyone experienced this with
their auto with such low mileage?
going at about 55 mph a grinding sounded and a power
loss started.
I was able to drive at lower speed
but the transmission appears to be troubled.

great car
By itsjimsley

1998 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

reliable car bought with 78,000 miles now 91,000 nothing but gas and oil changes are needed. great bose sound system and peppy engine. big trunk and many miles to come.

stereo system peppy engine good fuel economy for engine power and size easy to use controls

none that i can think of